From weak to peak

EllaBell99
on 7/8/07 1:37 pm - IN
Hi there, Well - this is my first time to this board and I'm looking for some advice. I'm just about 3 months out and I'm going to fess up --- I haven't exercised like I'm supposed to. At first I did - and I had GREAT energy. But, something happened along the way and I had some complications. Since these complications I have been SO SO SO weak. I can't even walk a block (how sad is that?!?!). Literally the walk from the parking lot to the gym door is enough for me to pass out. So - I'm looking for some advice for those just starting out. What are good types of exercises? I know nothing is going to be easy - but I'd love something better than what I'm doing now (which is just trying to walk and push myself each day more). Thanks and have a great week!! Courtney

I'm melting... and loving it! 168 down!!!

Earl C.
on 7/8/07 2:12 pm, edited 7/9/07 1:31 am - Circleville, OH

Hi Courtney. Welcome to the board. First, you'll have some energy drain. You're probably on starvation level of calories.  What kind of calorie count are you getting in? How much protein are you getting? How much water are you getting in? Are you taking your vitamins? Iron and B vitamin deficiencies will give you that energy dump. Can you get your vitamin and mineral levels checked at your doctor's office? In the mean time, do what you can and try to increase it a little at a time. Taking several walks throughout the day may be what you need to do instead of one long steady walk. Good Luck Earl

Mary M.
on 7/9/07 2:02 am - Neverland, CA
Courtney,  When I started I was in the same condition. My advice to you is to be persistant each and everyday. First I started with walking at 6 weeks out,  At 8 weeks out my I started going to the gym 7 days a week.  I would do 5 min on the recumbant bike take a break and do another 5 minutes until I got 30 minutes under by belt...each day I would try to increase the amount of time I could do in one sitting. I also used 3lbs weights for strength training and slowly built up.  After loosing 100lbs I hired a personal trainer (best monies I ever spent), she pushed me out of my comfort zone. Try a variety of activities such as water aerobics, dance, yoga and pilates classes. I now enjoy spin classes as they kick my butt. 

*♥´¨)¸.·
;♥¸.·*♥´¨) ¸.♥·*¨)
(¸.♥´ (¸.♥· )
MM~

415/154       
We write our own destiny; we become what we do. ~ Madame Chiang Kai-Shek 

Most Active