got angry.. but...

paula2
on 7/7/07 7:16 am - baltimore, MD
I got angry today because i was looking forward to a occassion of a relative of mine but. the plans did not go right. so just that fast i thought of drowning my sorrows in you guessed it.. something i should not be eating. well as i cooled down. it was hot anyway outside i really did not feel like dressing up. but then again i was. i could fit my dress shoes again i did not feel like the heel was going to break off. but anywho... feelings... what i did was made my protein shake. then i ate. a lean cuisine meal. My son and I went walking thursday. i was sweating like a sumo wrestler, we went into walmart. i wanted to sit in the motor thingy to shop . but he said no you are going to walk. my knees was hurting. he said mom take your time. but you are going to walk. i just did not feel up to it. but i did. well i hit the gym monday so. its just that i was only walking twice a week. to build up. but i know now i have to graduate to five days. like i used to. the thing is trigger... anger. i was angry because of the plans that did not go well. and I am like a junkie in rehab. i  did not pick up . the wrong thing to make me feel better. I have to eat. of course . but thank god i got over this now I am getting some grip on some of my feelings. what would make me over eat or eat the wrong things and you know i cannot afford to.
KTBee
on 7/7/07 1:06 pm

You should be proud of yourself for handling your anger in a positive way.  I am a bit further out--not that much, but I had surgery in Jan.  What a difference five months has made.  I exercise now when I am stressed.  Who would have ever thought that 117 pounds ago, I would speed walk, workout and get antsy when I couldn't exercise. Today, I had another day of seminars but my son and I too advantage of our hour and a half lunch and grabbed a quick bite at Luby's and headed to the mall to walk as far and as fast as we could.  He hadn't walked with me in a while and was shocked at how fast I went.   I love this life we have been afforded.  And it sounds like we both have awesome and encouraging sons.  they must have pretty great moms! Each day will get better and your use of your surgery tool will get stronger.  Keep it up.  You are doing great. Hugs, Katy B

Most Active