I'm new to this board and need some help

Jo C.
on 7/7/07 6:08 am - CABAZON, CA
I am patiently waiting for my surgery date but want to get all my ducks in a row before hand. I am going to join a gym (either LA Fitness, 24hour fitness, or Curves) but haven't worked out in....well.....forever!! I have no clue what to start on, how long to workout, etc. HELP! Jo
Kelli ~.
on 7/8/07 2:04 pm - Atwater, CA
Hi Jo, Well, start out slow at first after surgery giving yourself plenty of time to recouperate. I did alot of walking, and when I was up to about 3miles of that I joined a gym and got a trainer. If you do join a gym, be sure to get trainer so they can adapt the program to your needs and you get to know the equipment better and not hurt yourself. I have used two trainers, one when I first joined and then just recently to work on strength training.  I know alot of people join Curves at first to get their feet wet but then become bored easily once they move past the 3 days at 30mins. I never tried Curves because when I went in there they were too hyper for me, and I wanted to do more than just 30mins. I like the gym I go to cause they offer different classes which I need to check out to change up my routine, and they have a pool for days I want to exercise but not over do it.  Well, I wish you the best of luck...what surgery are you getting? I live in CA but never heard of where you live, I live in the Central Valley.  Kelli
WINNIE THE POOH

Jo C.
on 7/8/07 2:26 pm - CABAZON, CA
Thanks so much for replying. I am going to have the RNY by Dr. Suh. I live in Southern CA (near palm springs.) I'm really excited and can't wait for the ball to start rolling. I have my consult on 7/16 so watch my profile for updates. Best, Jo
Most Active