I'm new to this board, any tips?

Jamie W.
on 7/6/07 12:23 am
Hello all, I'm scheduled to have my surgery 8/20/07 and have been doing aqua aerobics 5 to 6 days a week for 60 minutes.  I ended up causing myself back problems so now I'm down to 30 minutes (per Dr.).  Actually, I love doing it so much, I'm probably more at 45 minutes!  Anyway, I wanted to know if all this exercise will help me not have to have plastic surgery later on my arms and thighs.  i am almost positive I will have to have the tummy tuck in a few years. Anyone have to lose as much as me and not need the ps?  Thanks for any tips you all can offer. Jamie

My church has raised the funds!!! Highest weight 476/Pre-op 441.
Jupiter6
on 7/7/07 3:27 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Bad news, Jamie-- I started about your size (BMI 62) and have lost 60+ pounds now pre-op...and I too do an hour of vigorous water aerobics most days.  My lungs are great. My cardio fitness is great. My muscles are getting more defined.  But since I was super morbidly obese, the batwings and the belly flap aren't gonna just jump back into place. They hang more every day, even as I build muscle. I would say that there's a chance if you have a round belly, but if yours is of the hanging variety, you won't be able to get rid of all the redundant skin through exercise alone. Inner thighs, same deal. If you have rolls, and they hang, I don't think you can get rid of those completely either. But keep up the work---- you never know!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jamie W.
on 7/9/07 8:28 am
Thanks for the bad news!!!  LOL  Congrats on the 60 pounds!!!  I had a feeling, but I can dream, can't I?  We are built about the same so I will probably have the same issues.  I'll keep on working out and see what happens.  Thanks for the reply. Jamie

My church has raised the funds!!! Highest weight 476/Pre-op 441.
Most Active