How long can you "build muscle"?

Amanda Miller
on 7/5/07 4:28 am - Cleveland, OH
I am banded.  I eat within my guidelines 90% of the time. I work out at the gym 4-5 days a week for the past 2 months.  I have only lost 10 lbs.  Yes, I know this is good.. but most of the 10 lbs was lost before I started weight training. I use the resistance machines where there is weight when you curl up and weight when you curl down.  (Hope this makes sense) So my question is.. how long can I plateau under the guise that I am "building muscle?"

Curvy Consignments
13902 Puritas Ave
Cleveland, OH 44135
www.curvyconsignments.com
Plus Size Consignment Shop in Cleveland

Down 112... 46 to go.

Mary M.
on 7/5/07 6:00 am, edited 7/5/07 6:19 am - Neverland, CA

Amanda,  How often are you adding cardio to your routine? I found that in order to loose weight I needed to do cardio of some form 6-7 days a week.   When I have hit plateaus I would reevaluate my routines both weghtlifting and cardio. Increasing resistance and intensity of my routines (on days that I lift weights I do cardio routine afterwards). Also, make sure that you are getting enough protein and stick to complex carbs.  Another, biggie for me was purchasing a Polar heart monitor/strap to make sure that I was working out within my target zones.  

*♥´¨)¸.·
;♥¸.·*♥´¨) ¸.♥·*¨)
(¸.♥´ (¸.♥· )
MM~

415/154       
We write our own destiny; we become what we do. ~ Madame Chiang Kai-Shek 

Most Active