It's too hot to workout! Here's a thought . . .

Joanna_F
on 7/3/07 9:35 am - Newport Beach, CA

Today I went to the gym and the air conditioning was broken due to "technical issues beyond our control."  Thanks a lot!   Needless to say, between the 25 elliptical trainers, 20 treadmills, 2 rowing machines and 15 stationary bikes, it was one sweaty mess. So I immediately left and drove myself to the mall.  I did three "laps" around the top floor (bypassing the food court thank you very much), took three laps downstairs and then went up the stairs a couple of times.  Now if anyone has good a.c. it's the fine folks at South Coast Plaza!  Next time I'll use a pedometer so I know how much distance I've covered.    Anyone else found good ways to beat the heat and still get some exercise in?  I'd love some suggestions! :) Joanna

Hi!  I am Joanna Fee, ObesityHelp's Events Manager and the Managing Editor of Bariatrics Today magazine.  For the latest info on events, please visit OH's events page.  Please feel free to e-mail me with questions, comments or concerns about the events or BT magazine.  Thanks!  

LisaAC
on 7/4/07 1:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA

On hotter days, I am leaving earlier for work and getting off at a different subway stop, then walking back.  About a mile.  That way, at least I am getting that much in before the day gets too hot. I also just bought some exercise equipment for home, so I can turn on my ac and get busy here. Lisa

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Jamie W.
on 7/5/07 2:43 pm
Joanna, Quit your whining and suck it up!!!!    I live in AZ and it's like no a/c outside all the time during the summer.  I've been swimming and doing my aqua aerobics six days a week.  I usually post on the VSG board and you may not be used to my humor.  I was just joking.  I also have a membership at a gym with a pool and that helps in the winter months. Jamie

My church has raised the funds!!! Highest weight 476/Pre-op 441.
paula2
on 7/7/07 7:21 am - baltimore, MD
the strectch bands in your house with the soap opera's on. it works for me.
li3Ruch
on 7/8/07 7:00 am
If you don't have any exercise equipoment at home then a good old fashioned workout VHS or DVD will do the trick!!

Beth   
                         ~ 245/160/135 (HW/CW/DW) ~ 

(Highest Weight, Current Weight, Dream Weight)  

I am a healthy BMI now and so I am happy.  I haven't decided yet where my comfort point is for maintaining.  I'm trying to lose more, but I may find out that causes me to have more restrictive daily diet and excercise habits than what I am comfortable with long-term.  It's all about choices!!!

Most Active