I can't Tai Chi!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/07 7:11 am - TN
I think I posted here only once before, but once again I need advice I am doing pretty well on my own home exercise routine--I do cardio on the treadmill 3 times a week, 30 minutes at 3mph on a 3.5 percent grade--that gets my heart pounding all right! I just get up a little earlier and do it first thing in the morning, then jump in the shower. Plus I also do strength-building and flexibility routines twice a week--on those days I spend ten minutes on the treadmill to warm up, then I do 3 sets each of several different exercises on my Max machine (Bowflex imitator). I do leg extensions, leg and foot presses, another leg exercise I can't remember; biceps curls, reverse bicep curls, tricep pushdowns; the chest fly, and another chest exercise I can't remember; and abd crunches, leg lifts, and abd twists(all but the leg lifts are with resistance). Every two weeks I add more reps or more resistance to this routine. After the resistance training I do stretches for flexibility. I wanted to add Tai Chi on the other two days for balance, centering,  and more flexibility--seems to me if I can get in the habit of doing something EVERY day, it will be easier to maintain a routine. I bought a DVD that  had got good reviews--but I am not doing so well.  I can now "open the door" and "part the wild horse's mane" but I still get lost after that and I have tried several times now. What do you all think? Should I try to find a class in Tai Chi? Hire an individual instructor? Try something different? Just do more cardio? I should add that I don't actually enjoy exercise--but I am enjoying the benefits of being physically fit for the first time in my life (I am 47).
Tamiwho40
on 7/6/07 10:05 pm - Simpsonville, SC

Hey,  I had never heard of this so I did search on Tai Chi.  It really neat to me but I am sure that it will take practice just like everything.  When I did the search I clicked on the one that was for seniors ( no pun intended, I am right behind ya, LOL)  It had a video and may help with different moves.  It is really hard to get motivated, huh.  Your doing great and keep up the good work. 

Tammy P.

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/07 12:29 am - TN
Thanks. Tami.
Most Active