OFF MY BUTT !!

Cathy Lewis
on 7/1/07 4:07 pm - Columbus, OH
Hello folks, I've never posted on this message board before -  I think it's time.  I am 14.5 months post op - open RNY.  No complications.  Down 180 pounds but no loss in last 10 weeks.  I would like to get another 100 pounds off.  About 3 months ago I discovered I was slightly anemic after having good labs up to that point.  Somehow mentally I have given myself permission to slack off since then .   I'm not exercising nearly as much as I should/can and I am not sticking to my food program.  I'm not sure why I am having such a hard time getting a handle back on these!!! Am in hopes that posting here will make me accountable to myself and some others that know excuses don't cut it!! I do have lupus and  one of the side effects for me is fatigue.  My brain keeps telling me " if you're tired, you must need to eatt!!"  I also am on thyroid meds but those numbers are good .  I have Arthritus and really MISS the anti-inflamitory meds that are now off-limits.  I have to balance the amount  and kinds of exercise against the amount of pain I can tolereate. My current labs  ( 1 week ago)  tell me and the Dr that nutritionally ,I am good -  all numbers are back where they should be.  I get 80-100 gm. of protein a day and about 1200 calories  ( that is the goal) .  I MUST have 4-6 servings of fresh fruit and vegies per day to " keep things moving" since I need to take iron suplements.  My plan is to get back to 20 minutes of cardio in the morning ( ususally on my exercise bike) and 20-30 minutes of  strength and flexibility floor  exercises.  I then try to walk 20-30 minutes in the evening.  It may take me a week or 2 to build my stamina back up to that point. but I sure intend to try. !!  Even more difficult is to get entirely back on the food program and stop the evening eating. -  Am trying to change the normal routine to break away from the eating trigers that I seem to have. I would appreciate any/ all support you folks can offer !! Thanks

Cathy 
open RNY 4/17/2006

michelle O.
on 7/2/07 1:19 am - Tampa, FL
Cathy,  You can do this! Stop making excuses as we all know are very easy to do...start moving. Change up your habits when your eating...if your sitting in front of the t.v. eating in the evening then get up and do something rather then watch t.v.  Post your workouts here and it will help you stay accountable. It's not easy but if you sit and think why you went through your RNY in the first place and where you want to go it can help you get back on track!  Best of luck! Michelle
Earl C.
on 7/2/07 11:45 am - Circleville, OH
Good luck Cathy. The "tool" is always there when you decide you want to use it again. Go back to what got you this far.  Down 180 pounds is amazing in itself. Start slow and build...but start. Earl
Most Active