Exercise Ball

Kelli ~.
on 6/26/07 9:13 am - Atwater, CA
Okay, I will admit it I bought a cheap exericse ball at Walmart but so far it's held up, but I am wondering am I losing out on my exercise? I weight 154lbs and though it doesn't say anti-burst, it seems to be working but would it be best if I did buy a better ball? I use this quite a bit at home before and after going to the gym just to hit on some muscles I didn't get to while at the gym. I do this exercise where I lay on my stomach and lift my legs up as high as I can while my arms support me, my fear is the darn ball will pop in my face or on my stomach and I do have a port due to the lapband. What is the odds of a ball popping, has it ever happened to someone my size? I have it blown up good but not over done, you can make a dent easy with a hand just to give it some room for the pressure of my body.  And if I should buy a better ball, which ones work best? Kelli
WINNIE THE POOH

Earl C.
on 6/26/07 9:56 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Kelli, At 154, you're not going to have a blow out without some sharp object being involved. If it's working for you don't worry about it. Anti burst balls are for guys like my buddy who lays his 315 pound frame on one, grabs a couple of 150 dumbbells and does benches presses off one. He scares me. Earl
Kelli ~.
on 6/27/07 4:11 pm - Atwater, CA
Yea, Earl I think you better stand VERY FAR AWAY from him!!!! Cause on my packaging it said nobody heavier than 300, and he's doing 365??? Hmmmm interesting, freaking and downright...NUTS????  I have to say the cats are looking at me like I am a nut, they are like...right, Mommy is playing with this huge ball like she is one of us....she's flipped!!! I have 4 kitties, 2 of them are not afraid of the ball at all but the other two, forget it once I roll it around just a bit they are out the kitty doors.  Kelli
WINNIE THE POOH

Earl C.
on 6/28/07 6:42 am - Circleville, OH
Actually that's more like 615 # plus whatever force he's generating. Scares me...and yes...he's nutz.
Neecee O.
on 6/26/07 1:54 pm - CA

Oh Kelli?  Thank you very much for daily dose of paranoia!  LOL...i had never thought of landing flat on my huge gut or fat*ass for that matter! ... before now.  I was 220 when I got my pretty cheap ball at Ross Dress for Less. Nuttin happened so far. Now I am a svelte 183-ish and still nothing.

I'm sure the ball can take more than that.  I never thought to even read nay packaing for weight limits! Hmmmm

Most Active