starting a routine

CariLynn
on 6/26/07 7:51 am - Midwest City, OK
Hello everyone!  I'm new to the board, and reallllly need to get started on a routine!  What should I start with?  I do have an elliptical machine.  ANY ANY ANY advice would be much appreciated!!!! Cari 325/241/150
Kelli ~.
on 6/26/07 9:19 am - Atwater, CA
Hi Cari, Welcome to the board. I often don't come here too often cause I'm on the lapband board, but I happen to stop by today. Have you thought of getting into a gym membership with a trainer to get you started? I did that and believe me it worked out great, she started me on my cardio workout with some strength trianing, then just recently I did another training session with a different trainer and he worked on my strength only since I was doing alot of cardio already, and it has made a big difference I can do 50 push-ups...girlie ones of course but still!!! I would look around for gyms in your area, also let them know you have the lapband, cause some of the exercises he had me starting off on, I had to be careful cause of the port, but now that i know how to do them correctly I have no problem.  If you cannot afford the gym right now, I'd get a good pair of walking shoes and maybe an iPod and head out the door, if too hot go to the mall and walk around there. Swimming is great exercise, and riding the bike also works...I incorporate all of these in my routine. However, the best road would be to get a trained professional to set you up, and once you've conquered that you can go onto other forms of exercise.  Since you have an elliptical machine try working out to a favorite show that is like 30mins, do that 3 days a week till you can build yourself up to more. Believe me exercise is key to losing the weight, I was heavier than you and I am now getting down to your goal size...and most of it has been due to working my butt off. Best of luck!!! Kelli 370/154/130
WINNIE THE POOH

Most Active