I DID IT!!!

Ronda
on 6/26/07 2:25 am - Wilburton, OK
I am 6 months out since surgery and I have been jogging/running for the past 2 months. On saturday I completed my first 5k run (I did have to walk a little) in 37.33 minutes. I have a 5k every week for the next month now & I am looking to improve my time with each one. Wish me luck!!! Running has really changed my life, I am truly addicted now. Each day I am amazed at how I can go a little bit further & faster.
Earl C.
on 6/26/07 5:57 am - Circleville, OH
Great Job Ronda. Good luck. Earl
shirextc
on 6/26/07 7:00 am - Las Vegas, NV
wow that is amazing!! I want to do that too!!
Joanna_F
on 7/3/07 10:01 am - Newport Beach, CA
Ronda!  What an awesome goal.   Will you let us know of your times after each 5k?   So we've got 37:33 as "Week 1" What's your prediction for next week?  Something that helps me when I feel like walking is slowing down to a speed where you're going to same speed as a fast walk, but you're keeping your running gait.  Don't let your body go into a walking movement.  This keeps your body in the same motion pattern while still taking a break from your regular speed. This is truly significant - this means that not only are you enjoying your post-op success, you now have the title of "competitive runner".  That's what you are - isn't that cool!?!?!  I think so. Good luck! -Joanna  
Ronda
on 7/4/07 11:51 pm - Wilburton, OK
Well my 2nd 5k time improved to 36:45!!!! It was a blast last Saturday. We have had so much rain here in Oklahoma we just knew we would get wet, and it rained on us about half of the race!! We were a mess! I have already made some good friends between the handful of girls that work at my hospital that go to the runs and then new people i just met. My 3rd race was Tues. (7-3-05) night. I ran a little slower @ 37:40 (there was some killer hills I wasn't prepared for). I found a really good pace between the 2k-5k markers I only had to stop twice to regain my composure for a minute. I am so pumped, next weekend we have a relay for life or another 5K, I haven't decided which one to pick. I bought my 2 year old a shirt that says "My Mommy loves running". I am becoming really goofy about all this!! I just love it! Thanks for your reply!!!
Most Active