what do do for lower back pain?

Monica M.
on 6/18/07 12:49 am - Houston, TX
Lap Band on 01/29/07 with
hi there, Im so bummed out because I messed up my lower back at the gym last week, and can't even bend down. I have been taking tylenol and sleeping on a heating pad, any other suggestions or stretched i could do? This really upsets me because Im used to exercising at least 5 times a week. I need to return to my workout schedule fast.  ~moni
Back on the road again!!
290/
205/240150
HW/LW/CW/Goal

Neecee O.
on 6/18/07 12:16 pm - CA
when my back is out, I lay flat on the floor and put my legs up the wall or onto the couch.  I swear it pulls the blood flow down to my low back and helps it heal faster.  sorry to hear it. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks.
Kelli ~.
on 6/18/07 2:00 pm - Atwater, CA
Chiropractor!!! I went to mine that hadn't seen in a year and he was totally surprised to see me of course I was like 200+ less...so was nice for him. But, I was experiencing alot of lower back pain and I needed some relief. Soon as he popped the back, I was in total relief!!!! I was so happy and still am happy, cause now I can get back to working out and running on the treadmill. So, check out a good chiropractor.  Kelli
WINNIE THE POOH

NoniOhio
on 6/25/07 2:15 pm - Xenia, OH

One of the best things to do when your back hurts is to give it a rest - and you're doing good there. If your gym has a swimming pool that is heated and has water arthritis classes  or water walking classes - you can take these while you wait for your back to get better. These will allow you to exercise without straining your back.

Most Active