healthy weekly loss

Danielle G.
on 6/15/07 5:08 pm - Villa Park, CA

Hi my name is Danielle and i had my sugery a little over two years ago. Heres my dilemma, i have started to put on weight recently, my lowest point was about 5 months ago at 150, I started on a very strict diet a week ago and spend an hour and a half at the gym daily. Since tuesday, (5 days ago) i went from 183 to 173, i remember losing alot of weight right after surgery, but is it unhealthy to loss this much this far post-op? I mean im not complaining, im working hard and im happy its coming off. But im scared about maybe hurting myself losing to much to fast. Is there some sort of healthy range of weight to lose per week for gastric bypass patients?

Neecee O.
on 6/15/07 11:46 pm - CA
With most strict diets, the weight loss does come off quickly at first, and it is usually water weight. The chances that you used 3500 calories more each of the five days than you needed are not great.  I am a non-op, but this far out, you would be under the same rules as me.  Two pounds lost per week is considered healthy.  Good for you, though! Keep at it.
Most Active