Is there a better way? Body Building?

Kathy S.
on 6/14/07 9:06 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hi Guys, I need your help and or advice.  There has to be a better way.  I have kinda created a workout for myself.  Doing certain body parts at a time. I am new to this alone bit, as I had a PT before.  The problem I am having is I have it straight in my mind what I want to do and when I get to the gym I forget my routine.  I know once I do it enough it will come to me like breathing but until then.... It there anything out there to help. I know you are saying why don't I write it down but that looks so dorky.  What did you do to learn your routine in the beginning?  Any help and advice is welcome. Thanks, Kathy
Earl C.
on 6/14/07 11:56 am - Circleville, OH
Most serious trainer keep a log book Kathy. It's not Dorky. (can you tell I keep one?) Earl
Kathy S.
on 6/14/07 2:07 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Well I would NEVER call you dorky Earl!   Do they sell these log books at sporting good store?  Makes sense, as how else do you know reps and weights.  I just don't see any of the guys writing anything down and thought ok, if the guys can do this why can't I? Thanks for the advice.....going to buy one tomorrow!  Take care, Kathy
Earl C.
on 6/14/07 4:12 pm - Circleville, OH
Hi Kathy, I just use a 5 x 8 notebook you would use to take notes in class with. They sell regular log books to write down sets and reps but I don't see the point. Some guys remember what they do and write it down when they get home. Some don't write anything down. I'm big on breaking personal records and that's hard to do if it's not written down somewhere. Good luck Earl
Kathy S.
on 6/15/07 8:02 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hey Earl, Well that makes sense!!!  Thanks.. By the way how are you doing?  Any plans for you and your DW attending any OH conventions anytime soon? Take care, Kathy
Earl C.
on 6/17/07 12:33 pm - Circleville, OH
Hey Kathy, What's DW stand for?  I'm doing great. Still just working and training. We didn't have any plans to attend any in the near future. If something comes up we might. Earl
Kathy S.
on 6/18/07 6:40 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Darling Wife
Earl C.
on 6/18/07 7:26 am - Circleville, OH
Oh...I'm divorced...so Darling isn't exactly a word I'd use for her. I think when I was in Lexington and saw you I was dating someone different than I am now. Beth and I have been together since Jan. Earl
Kathy S.
on 6/18/07 10:14 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Well open mouth and take out foot   I remember being introduced to a lady friend and just assumed it was  your wife, and that was a big   Well I hope your new gal loves to work out. I think it would be so cool to have a guy to work out with. I see couples in the gym and you can tell when one or the other does not want to do it and it's so sad.  But when both of them are into it, well it's magic!!!! Good luck with the new lady  Take care, Kathy
Earl C.
on 6/18/07 11:55 am - Circleville, OH
Well, the ex used to workout and powerlift. She had WLS too but basically stopped training "after" surgery, which was strange to me. Beth likes to walk. So we take walks together but she has no desire to lift weights or train.
Most Active