Has anyone ever done Hot Yoga?

celinejen
on 6/6/07 3:32 am - Kirkland, WA
I maybe looking into this, if it's something that's doable, I workout everyday 30-50 minutes ( aerobic and  muscle building ) But, I don't know about you, but I get really bored doing some of the same moves over and over again. I like to change my activity from time to time. Can someone tell me what if anything they can about hot yoga.  Thank you

From: 216  Now: 125   From: 38C Now: 32B From: Size 16  Now: Size 6

calioakgirl
on 6/6/07 10:15 am - IL
VSG on 05/28/07 with
Hi, I used to do hot yoga (Bikram yoga) a few years ago and loved it especially because I am pretty stiff and the heat used to warm up my muscles.  The room is set to something like 102 degrees and the class is 90 minutes.  You need to drink lots of water before, during and after class because you sweat a lot.  I found that it does tone you up pretty quickly. If you don't mind sweating and heat, then give it a try.  I would like to get back to it, but I'm only 10 days post-op.  I think I have to wait until I'm eating regular foods before I would go back. Regards,

celinejen
on 6/7/07 5:39 am, edited 6/7/07 5:40 am - Kirkland, WA
On June 6, 2007 at 5:15 PM Pacific Time, calioakgirl wrote: Hi, I used to do hot yoga (Bikram yoga) a few years ago and loved it especially because I am pretty stiff and the heat used to warm up my muscles.  The room is set to something like 102 degrees and the class is 90 minutes.  You need to drink lots of water before, during and after class because you sweat a lot.  I found that it does tone you up pretty quickly. If you don't mind sweating and heat, then give it a try.  I would like to get back to it, but I'm only 10 days post-op.  I think I have to wait until I'm eating regular foods before I would go back. Regards, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you, This sounds like something I'd like. I just found a studio over by where I live. I love the idea of toning up quickly. They are haveing a specal for new students 10 session for $10 can't beat that. Thank  you, again. Jen

calioakgirl
on 6/7/07 5:53 am - IL
VSG on 05/28/07 with
That is an excellent deal.  Definitely try it.  let me know what you think. Regards, Calioakgirl

KRWaters
on 6/10/07 7:01 am - Manteca, CA
Please do tell us a little more about it besides  you sweat and you have to drink lots of water. Is it at all like regular yoga?

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Molly Mae
on 6/12/07 6:29 am - WA
Hi there!  I just had to say hello. My SIL (sis-in-law) lives in Bellevue and used to live in Kirkland.She LOVES Hot Yoga and is such a believer in it. It's a way of life for her. She goes to a studio everyweek in North Bend.  I really know nothing about it except for that she loves it and it's really changed her life. She is so much healthier now although she still has big weight struggles and such. Anyway, hello to a fellow Washatonian! Molly
celinejen
on 6/13/07 1:19 am - Kirkland, WA
Hello there yourself fellow Washatonian, Thank you. I have heard such great things about it. Although, I hear it's quite intense and one should be extreamly hydrated before even starting it. I'd probibly try 60 min ( first ) 90 min sounds way too tiring. Thanks for stopping by. Jen PS. I love Bellevue ( it's really becoming quite the city to have fun in ) I don't know if you're SIL knows theres a great studio right in Kirkland "Hot Yoga of Kirkland" Northbend just seems so far away. Here is the address: 434 Parkplace Ctr Kirkland, WA 98033 (425) 739-0880 This is where I'm considering going.

Most Active