I'm confused!

cmckamey
on 6/1/07 1:13 pm - Salisbury, MD
I have been watching very closely what I have been eating and doing very well.  I have also been exercising mostly every day, I go to the gym 3 times a week and do 30 min on elliptical, and about 60 min on weights, etc.  When I dont go to the gym I usually go for a 30-60 min walk.  Anyway, on the days I do really good and get in both protein shakes, my weight goes down very very slowly.  On days that I slip up and miss a protein shake or eat alot of carbs for dinner, I loose more weight???  What the ???  That doesn't make any sense!!  Any ideas why that could be happening? Thanks, Crystal

Crystal
Mom to the beautiful Hailey Elizabeth 12/01/2006

ChristineB
on 6/1/07 9:29 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
You might be depriving your body of too many calories on the days that you really cut back. Remember it is calories in vs calories out. Your body needs a certain amount of calories to sustain itself and if you do not give it enough it is going to think that you are starving it and it will hoard calories. Your body needs a certain amount of protein, carbs, fat, veggies and fruit to maintain itself. Are the days that you are getting the protein in also the days that you are really working out hard? I am going to guess that your body is using that protein to repair the slight damage that you have done to your muscles and is basically "feeding" itself so it can support your bones structure and internal organs. I do not think that I am explaining it very well. Maybe one of the experts here on this forum like Jeremy or a personal trainer, which I think he is can do a better job of telling you what is happening to your body.  I hope some of this made sense to you. Christine

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active