New to the group.

Shannon_Lee
on 5/27/07 11:45 am - Westminster, CA
Hi Everyone :)  My name is Shannon and I have almost 4 years post op and personally I need a good swift kick in the rear. I have a gym membership at Bally's and have never used it, and I am feeling like a failure so I am ready to get it going. Any advice on where to start? I stil have a lot of trouble with one knee so I can usually last about 15-20 minutes on a stationary bike (although i struggle toward the end.) And what about days when you just can't make it to the gym? Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks! Shannon
Neecee O.
on 5/27/07 12:29 pm - CA
Hi Shannon  You look young...why not get that knee fixed like Pronto-la! There are such neat gains in science with joints/knee repair, go for it. fagawdsakes, you took a chance on re-routing your digestion, look into your knee replacement/repair. But i digress....To get started, just show up for 15 minutes a session. Then leave. Ideally, you will feel like staying longer than that, but if not, cie la vie.  I am a proponent of 'establishing the habit", so that is why even if 15 minutes, you are at least doing that.  work up to doing 15, then 30, then 45, then the nirvana of...one hour. Best of luck to you. Don't ever give up on this.
Shannon_Lee
on 5/27/07 1:32 pm - Westminster, CA
Well I am 22, and had knee surgery in January of last year they removed a cyst from the back of my knee cap, but it hasnt done a thing for the pain, i get the classic response "lose weight so you have have so much relying on your knees" DUH! my knee still swells and aches but its not AS bad as before but still makes things difficult. Thanks for the  help!
Most Active