I'm getting bored

mamanay
on 5/25/07 6:54 am - Van Nuys, CA
After fighting with my insurance company for 2 years with no success I had to do this on my own.  I have not had surgery but since October 22, 2006 I have lost 108 pounds.  I did this by drastically changing my diet and with exercise.  I could only walk about 10 minutes at a time when I first started at 320 pounds and a BMI of 50.1. I am now down to 212 and really want to get below that 200 mark.  I can not afford a gym membership or trainer at all.  I am a stay at home mom.  I bought myself a bike and a good pair of shoes.  Right now I do a 30 minute bike ride followed by a 30 minute walk in the morning 5x per week.  In the evening I go for a 1/2 hour walk with the kids.  Problem is I don't feel like I'm doing enough.  I am getting bored.  I need some ideas of exercise that I can do at home or at the park that will help tone and tighten and help with my weightloss.  Any ideas?  I want to push myself to that next level.  I need a boot camp for weightloss but can't afford it. I want to feel the burn.  Bike riding and walking are great and have gotten me this far but I'm ready for the next level.  Thanks guys for any suggestions. 
Neecee O.
on 5/25/07 7:33 pm - CA
Hi 'nay!!! How about doing some windsprints or looking for a local fitness track (ours are at lots of school campuses, even community collge campuses), where there are some situp stations, leg lunge stations, etc. I was thinking that was one thing my kids and I liked to do was on Saturdays go out to the college campus and run up and down the stadium stairs, do the fitness track, etc.  In the summers, check out your community calendar.  Around my town, pools are open several times of day for open swim, very cheap too. I'm going to go swim a couple mornings at our pool this summer!  You can also do a longer version of your rides/walks on weekends.  Once you start looking, i'll bet there are lots of bike paths and park walks to go check out!
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/07 11:49 am
I think you should try going to www.crossfit.com . It's a tough workout that really induces FAT loss and alot of the stuff can be done at home. Make sure you read the "getting started" page and also check out the brand X martial arts page to see how you can scale back the workout of the day to fit your fitness level. Good luck!! If you have any questions ask me
Most Active