Abs....muscle cramps??

Summer
on 5/8/07 4:35 am - Home sweet home, CA
I am 14 months post Tummy Tuck and I have done pilates and weight lifting for over 2 years. Recently I have had a few incidents of full muscle spasms. You can actually feel the muscle cramping. The first 2 times it happened while I leaned back into the couch weird huh? I hadn't even been sore. Then yesterday while I started to slowing lean back onto my back during my Pilates class my muscles cramped up I stood up and walked it off but I am wondering WHY is this happening now?  Anyone else have Abdominal muscle cramping?  PS: I have increased my magnesium and water consumption!! Thanks Summer :-D
Earl C.
on 5/8/07 9:53 am - Circleville, OH
You might want to get checked for a hernia. Feels just like a muscle cramp.
Summer
on 5/8/07 11:14 am - Home sweet home, CA
Are you serious???? Waaaaa!! I am so over surgeries and the down time involved with them! I am suppose to have ankle surgery soon....I was inspired to start running (CA board OH'ers running LA Marathon). My doc said guess your bod was not designed to run....Erggg!! ...should have stuck to walking, weights, and pilates!! Thanks Earl I didn't even consider a hernia. I will call my PCP tomorrow!!! Summer
Earl C.
on 5/8/07 12:01 pm - Circleville, OH
Mine pops out at the weirdest times.  I can squat all day and throw shot and discus, no problem, but I do one simple crunch or push too hard while giving Beth a massage...pop. First time it happened I thought I was just having abdominal cramps from training too hard. But then it happened again, I could feel the bump and massaging it in relieves the pain. It's probably the worst pain I've ever felt. I can't image it not popping back in. Good luck. Didn't mean to scare you. My doc said as long as it goes back in it's ok, sometimes doesn't even require surgery, but he suggested I still make an appt with my surgeon to play it safe.
Summer
on 5/10/07 12:33 pm - Home sweet home, CA
You didn't scare be but you did surprise me!! Mine isn't extremely painful but then again I compare everything to giving birth LOL!! I also massaged it and could feel a bulge. The last time it happened it was a larger bulge ...not good? I would like it fixed because I don't want it too get worse and cause extreme pain....that would be embarassing at the gym! I went to the doc for my ankle and I will have surgery in the fall (too hot here in the summer)...so let's see what happens with his hernia prob??? Good Luck to you and thanks for breaking the news to me!!!! I hope all goes well with yours!! ~Summer
Diona A.
on 5/10/07 10:53 am - Miles City, MT
Summer, I have to agree with Earl. I'm having the same thing happen but it is so weird because before my tummy tuck(with mucles tightening), the pull was way over on the left side and now it is right left of the belly button! I have a lump that comes out when I stand up. I have an appointment next week so will have it checked. I don't want another surgery either - unless I can get my boobs done at the same time! Sure would be nice to be able to wear a tank top and not have skin stick out under my arm! You'd better have it checked out! Diona
Diona Austill
Miles City, MT
Summer
on 5/10/07 12:38 pm - Home sweet home, CA
At least you can wear tanks heehee, my arms stink.....loose skin and a scar!! I do have muscles though and I had the GIRLS done last year too!! This past time I had the bulge it was slightly on the right which I though was weird for AB muscle cramps!! I will have it checked out!!!!! Thanks!!!! Let me know what happens with you Okay??? Good Luck Diona!!
Diona A.
on 5/10/07 1:25 pm - Miles City, MT
The point is I don't wear tank tops - too unflattering - have to buy shirts with arm openings that aren't very big so everything is held in - I hate it! Will let you know - mine was really hurting for a while but I ran 4 miles tonight and it didn't bother me so who knows! Diona
Diona Austill
Miles City, MT
Most Active