Ready to hit it again !!!

Ernurse323
on 5/7/07 11:15 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I took some time off to have some "skin removal" Plastic Surgery...Ok Ok...and a little lift and fill up top, I have to admit !!!! ...hehehe I have started jogging again..probably going 3 times a week about 3 miles or so.  It is time to focus on total body fitness now so really I am back at square one.   I have got to be able to finish a half marathon on Labor Day weekend.  This means, I have to get a cardio and strength training routine down on a daily basis if I am going to achieve that goal. I look forward to you guys inspiring me again !!!  You are all amazing !!! : - ) ~~~~ Dana
Chris G.
on 5/10/07 12:02 pm
Some of the areas that you will want to focus on are your upper body, core, and quads and hips.  The reasons these areas are important is because the more your arms help you as you walk, the easier it will be.  Your core (abs, lower back, pelvic area) help your posture, and your quads and hips will help your legs develop more evenly (rather than just the calves & hammys. There are a number of exercises for your core, including push-ups, reverse crunches, the plank, crunches with a medicine ball in your legs, leg overs, modified push-ups, trunk circles, etc. As for your quads and hips, there are squats, single leg body weight squats, leg abductions and adductions, in & outs, groiners, and the list can go on.  These exercises will open up your hips as well as train your quads. Upper body exercises are plentiful and easy.  The bench press, lat pull downs, rows, lateral dumbbell raises, forward dumbbell raises, kick backs, arm swings, arm rotations (small, medium, and big), dumbbell military lifts, etc. Remember to always do a proper warm-up...jumping jacks, cross jacks, and jumping rope are all ways to get the blood moving to muscles.  Stretching is another aspect that may be overlooked, but stretching is perhaps one of the most important areas because it will help your body through it's entire range of motion throughout the whole marathon. Hope I helped!
Most Active