I can't seem to get motivated again

heavenli
on 5/4/07 5:04 am - Long Beach , CA

I used to be so jazzed about excercise and since my divorce I am so unexcited.. It almost angers me because I can see myself gaining weight I am a year out and still not at goal HELP

KTBee
on 5/4/07 10:00 pm

You are going through a really tough time right now.  The worst thing you can do is isolate yourself and do nothing.  I am sure this is because of the divorce and all the stress involved. Have you thought about changing how you workout and what you do?  Maybe some exercise classes that force you to be with a group?  Also, many churches offer divorce recovery groups.  You might want to call around and check into that. You seem to be at a crossroads in a battle with yourself.  You may just have to MAKE yourself go exercise for a week or two.  I am fairly new at this but I find that if I skip my early morning exercise--even pushing it back to later in the day, my whole day suffers.  I know exercise affects your mind, mood, and attitude at least as much as it affects your body. This may just be a gut check where you have to dig in and move.  I know you can do this.  If you just commit to yourself that you will go and do________ exercise________times a week for one week, you will have a clearer mindset about this next week. What do you think? Katy B.

heavenli
on 5/5/07 1:07 am - Long Beach , CA

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I truly appreciate it.. I am going to find something new to do right now!

Neecee O.
on 5/5/07 1:00 am - CA
Hi heaven your post made me giggle a little - during my divorce years, it was exercise that saved my nerves! in fact, the one friend i met out on the track was also going thru her divorce, and we often called it "therapy on the hoof'". On days we felt angry, we would picture the anger being stomped into Mother Earth with each step and coming back as cleaned energy!  I credit becoming an exercise nut in those years as keeping me off anti-depressants (not that i have anything against those if needed) and it helped me not feel so alone.  I would bike or walk for hours, all by myself. But I would pray during those walks/rides, or think straight - and most importantly, NOT be alone with a fridge full of food knowing I was going to freak on it feeling so lonely and down. hope that helps at all - it would be great to find a lady who has similar issues so you two can share and walk together. Put yourself out there, you will run into her!
heavenli
on 5/5/07 1:11 am - Long Beach , CA
Thanks and you are right about the food!! i have gained 12 lbs since this whole thing started.
Most Active