Anyone have a bowflex home gym??

malia26
on 5/3/07 10:30 am - WI
I'm thinking of getting a bowflex home gym and want to know how people like theirs.  I have a gym membership but haven't gone since way before my surgery in february.  I'm walking and want to start jogging more.  Right now I walk/jog/walk/jog and am trying to increase my jogging.  A few years back I used to lift weights regularly 3 days per week with a trainer and I felt soooo amazing and powerful and strong. For me, no other exercise beats a great weight training session where I push myself and my muscles to the farthest they can go...except maybe running.  I hope to do both regularly very soon. Anyway, I don't have a lot of time before work and always feel like...should I lift weights or should I do cardio when I go to the gym and I feel torn and do a little of both but feel like I want MORE of both.  It takes about 30 minutes for driving time there and back....30 minutes I could've used on my home gym if I had one or walking the dog or jogging.  Between that 30 minutes and the 1 hour at the gym that hour and a half could be spent doing my cardio AND weight training without having to talk myself into drving somewhere.

169 155   
current/goal 

High: 281, Band removed:180,
Sleeved: 215

Dena B.
on 5/6/07 2:29 am - LeCenter, MN
My husband has a Bow Flex.  He loves it.  I was afraid of investing that much money into something and then having him lose interest in it.  But he has always lifted weights and then he hurt his back and had to have a disk removed.  This was the only thing that broght him back from surgeryHhe kept going to physical therapy and it wasn't helping, so I agreed to buyng the Bow Flex.  It has been 6 years now since he had surgery and bought it.  He uses it 3 nights a week and 4 nights through the winter months.  His back is just as strong today as it was before his injury.  He loves it. The only thing I caution about is that once you buy it, the company doesn't leave you alone.  We had phone calls from them at least twice a week trying to get us to buy more and they don't take no for an answer.  I finally had to get nasty with them and tell them that I would be pressing charges against them for harrassment if they didn't stop calling.  That did the trick.  But the Bow Flex was definitely worth the money for my husband. Dena B.

picture

"Life hasn't been the same since that house landed on my sister."

malia26
on 5/6/07 1:11 pm - WI
Hey Dena, thanks for replying.  I'm definitely going to get one.  I just get sick of wasting time driving to the gym and jipping myself on a good workout there if i don't have time. I'm a pro at screening my calls......thanks for the advanced notice! malia

169 155   
current/goal 

High: 281, Band removed:180,
Sleeved: 215

Most Active