Exercise equipment a daunting thing

colderbythelake
on 4/26/07 5:31 am - Duluth, MN
I've been seriously researching exercise equipment for about three months now and there is no more putting it off as walking just instant cutting it anymore.  I have a tight / low budget, but today I found something that looks fun.........................  anyone ever try / use / own the Body By Jake Cardio Cruiser?????  Otherwise, I'm going with a dual stationary bike. Kathleen

"The most important words we'll ever utter are those words we say to ourselves, about ourselves, when we're by ourselves. ~ Al Walker
Neecee O.
on 4/26/07 9:51 pm - CA
Hi Kathleen No, never used a Jake machine.  I have worked out with himon our fit tv channel, though! My grandma loved her bike - watched her soaps on it every weekday for one hour. I always loved that about her.
colderbythelake
on 4/27/07 12:33 am - Duluth, MN
Well, since it was determined a couple of week prior to my surgery that I had "silent heart attack" somewhere along the line in my life it explains why I feel so bad when I exert myself.  As a result of this and being over weight I have a slight heart murmer and my lower atrium is enlarged and I have high blood pressure, but not really bad.  I've used an eliptical in the past, but it took me a couple of months to even do 20 min and it was not good.  So maybe if I get one of those dual stationary bikes I can get the work out I'm looking for.  I'm going to pick up some exercise bands which I have also used in the past.  My chiropractor has me using theraball which I use daily and he has been adding exercise as my back gets better.  I sit on the ball when I read my book for an hour and sometimes more doing about 4 moves they taught me!  It's so much better then laying in bed reading or sitting in bed hunched over reading or just plain old sitting and reading.  This way I'm constantly in motion and sitting up straight  Working my butt, pelvis, lower back and legs AND READING at the same time!  Getting my sore back in shape was also part of my over all health plan.  Kathleen

"The most important words we'll ever utter are those words we say to ourselves, about ourselves, when we're by ourselves. ~ Al Walker
Neecee O.
on 4/27/07 1:21 am - CA
wow!  That would be wierd to find out! Silent heart attack!  At least you know now. Good job, keep on keepin on
Most Active