10 hours and 30 minutes???

Judy B.
on 4/25/07 1:59 am - Marion, VA
Hey all Me again with another question I sit and figured up how many hours per week I am actually working out.   It all totaled up to 10 hours and 30 minutes per week.  I feel like my body says that is enough for right now.  I guess it is all individual in what each person feels like they can do.  With all my back problems and arthritis i feel like i would be pushing it to do more.  My question is..is this enough for sufficient weight loss? Or is this enough just for toning purposes? I am only eating 3 meals per day and I now am drinking lots more water.  Only getting in around 800-1000 calories per day.  Any comments are appreciated. hugs

RNY (8-15-05)
Tummy Tuck (anchor cut) [6-19-07]

Earl C.
on 4/25/07 8:05 am - Circleville, OH
Hey Judy,

You're doing great. Sometimes it's not the quantity that counts, but the quality. You don't have to live in a gym to get results. I do...because I like it. It's what I do. But you don't have to do that to get good results. Here's a link to an article I wrote that might help explain what I'm referring to. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fitness/cmsID,8939/mode,co ntent/ Good Luck Earl

KS-Julie
on 4/28/07 4:45 am - Haven, KS
Hiya Earl,      Well, I enjoyed your article! LOL  And I see just what you were describing every time I go to my "fitness center."  :-)  I sandwich a weight room session in between my elliptical and the recumbent...and then again between the recumbent and the upright.  So I'm already dripping sweat when I head in there, but by the time I leave the weights, I am still sweating with a fast heart rate.  I don't go until muscle failure, but I'm usually shaking pretty hard by the time I move to the next machine.  And 90% of the other women in there aren't sweaty, aren't breathing faster, and don't seem to be straining at all.      My main problem in there right now is adding in some variety.  I'm a creature of habit and use the same 6 machines week in and week out: thigh adduction machine (40 reps at 60#, then 10 more at 80#), ab machine (30 reps at 60#, then 10 more at 80#), biceps cable machine (40 reps at 35#), triceps cable machine (40 reps at 40#), obliques cable machine (40 reps at 40#), and chest cable machine (25 reps at 30#).  I seem to have the chest strength of a gnat.  LOL  But I do these all very quickly with pretty much no breaks.  (When things starting getting too easy, I simply add 5# to what my future routine will be.)      I think I need to let the moths out of my wallet and hire one of their personal trainers for a session or two so he can point out some other machines I should add into my routine for a better variety and balance.  Trying to pick something new to add machine-wise is always so intimidating.  :-0

Julie     "It's never too late to be who you might have been." -- George Eliot

Jennifer K.
on 5/2/07 3:17 am - Phoenix , AZ
For weightloss its basically calories in vs. calories out... any exercise helps!! 10 hours 30 mins seems like a lot of exercise to me... thats almost an hour and a half a day! Depends on what you are doing I guess... theres a whole science to exercise... sometimes by over doing the cardio you actucally start to burn muscle off instead of burning calories so watching your target heart rate is important! As for toning... you have to weight train to tone...using the proper reps and weight will give you the toning. I tone 3 days a week, 1 major and 1 minor muscle group each time...

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Judy B.
on 5/2/07 6:06 am - Marion, VA
Hi Jennifer Yes it does seem like a lot...however, I dont just do cardio for that hour and half...i divide it up  during the day..i do 30 minutes cardio of the morning...do 45 minute walk in the evenings and then do my toning on my upper body for 15 minutes...I do take one day out fo the 7 to rest..tuesdays......

RNY (8-15-05)
Tummy Tuck (anchor cut) [6-19-07]

Most Active