Home Equipment Question

Smilesy
on 4/21/07 3:42 am - Westminster, MD
I had lap RNY on March 6th. I am feeling great, walking at least 1/2 hour a day at a good pace, and energy is great.  I need to start toning,but I am a single mom, work full time, and don't have time to go to the gym. (Nor do I want the added chore of packing a gym bag each day along with bookbags and lunches, and brief case).   Does anyone use any of the "total body workout" machines and gizmos that are out there for the home - and are you happy with them?   I have looked at the Gravity Force Work Out by Body By Jake - but it's a lot of $$$-would like some feedback from someone that has used it before I drop $750!  And am open to any other suggestions as well!! Thanks!
Neecee O.
on 4/21/07 6:29 am - CA

I'd look in the paper or place a wanted ad in the paper. Sure, they work, if ya use them. Most people don't, and are more likely to go the gym they pay for. I completely understand about the kids - wrangle wrangle, huh! I would get a balance ball, stretch strings and look for exercises to do with that stuff. Maybe some light weights. Easy to stow, affordable, etc.

Good for you for getting serious about it all.

Erin_01
on 4/24/07 5:43 am
Hi Have you thought about resistance bands to start with?  You can get a really great total body work out with resistance bands and a decent video or book.  They are less expensive and easy to store.  Some of those machines look like you can do a ton of different things with them, but some of them aren't really that great.   Good luck!
Most Active