Bony talibone and butt bones hurt with exercise and biking

luckyme
on 4/21/07 8:27 am - Suburban, IL
My butt is gone........ I tried a new exercise class this am - floor matt Pilates. I just could not do some of the movements that required balancing on my butt as I have no padding over my tail bone or ischial tuberosities (butt bones). It feels like the bones will rip right through my skin. I was on a soft pad and even tried a folded towel to sit on - still too painful to do. Does this ever get better? Any tips for making it do-able? How come the life-long skinny chicks can do this without a problem? Dang, I still feel bruised and I didn't even do most of those exercises. I have the same problem on a bike even with padded bike shorts. It hurts too much to sit on the seat for more than a few minutes. Any suggestions appreciated, Lucky
Chunky Dunker
on 4/21/07 5:36 pm - WA
It's 'cuz our skin don't fit our butts now. The small amount of normal fat that is still there, isn't "held tight" by our skin, it's saggy and all over the place.
Chunky Dunker
on 4/21/07 5:36 pm - WA
All you can do is get a butt tuck.
luckyme
on 4/21/07 10:57 pm - Suburban, IL
I'm not sure that a butt tuck would help. Maybe a butt transplant. It's painfull to even sit today. I won't try that again.
Neecee O.
on 4/22/07 10:12 am - CA
i built up my hauches by getting on my bike every day for a little while, at least 20 minutes at the start. I read that what is happening - you build up calluses. I just finished a 60 mile bike ride today - and okay, I got a little saddle sore. I also work at standing up to pedal once in a while to spell my rear!
Carla W.
on 4/23/07 7:05 am - CA
RNY on 05/08/06 with
The butt pain is not fun.. I do exercises at the gym trying to build up my butt muscles.. we dont have any back there now. It seemed to help.. I still have a sore butt when I do pilates but I have noticed it is getting better..

So yeah.. i understand right where you are coming from.. True story.. I went to the doc saying i think I had something wrong with my butt.. she looked and laughed and said.. you dont have one.. how embarrassed was I. now I sit on a cushion at work to keep from getting a bruise on my backside..lol..

Most Active