getting a wound wet- don't want to miss water workout

marsh76367
on 4/12/07 6:15 am - IOWA PARK, TX
I had a small mole biopsy done on my leg.  Doctor tells me to avoid getting the wound wet for 1-2 weeks!!  I've been working out a****er aerobics for the last 5 months now, going 3-4 times a week, and on other days walking on the treadmill and lifting some weights for toning.  Do I have to give up my water aerobics that long??  Won't the waterproof bandages on the market now protect it enough?  wah... I hate to give up my water aerobics, not only has it been great for toning, it's the one thing I've stuck to as far as exercise.  I've been consistent with it when I have never done that in the past with any exercise.  Also, it is a heated pool, and I love that for reducing stress and helping me sleep well at night.  not only that, but I have to get some more things done in 2 weeks, so that means I could be out a month or more.  wahhhhh....
KS-Julie
on 4/12/07 7:24 am - Haven, KS
Hiya,      If it was just the usual small round punch biopsy, then it should be completely closed in 7 days.  I wouldn't wait longer than that (I assume they stitched it closed).  And there are bandages out there which are waterproof, but they stick so well that when one tries to remove them, they often rip the skin in the process.  Can you get by with the treadmill and weights for those 7 days?  Maybe the change-up in your routine will produce a little weight loss.  :-)

Julie     "It's never too late to be who you might have been." -- George Eliot

marsh76367
on 4/13/07 1:05 am - IOWA PARK, TX
thanks... I actually tried last night to do the water aerobics with the waterproof bandages on there-- triple layered, small, then medium, then large to cover it.  Nope, came off in the water.  So, I'm out of the water till it heals....
Most Active