Help You Guys

jozee
on 3/27/07 9:19 am - MN
Thanks before hand for any advice. I am 3 mo. post op. At 6 weeks I worked out on my treadmill 20-30 a day, plus hand weights & ex ball for 15 min. ea. At 2mo's out I was doing nothing & haven't since!!! I don't know what is going on. I have no energy at all. I take all of my vitamins, get a B-12 once a month drink 64 oz. of water, eat between 600-800 cal. a day., my i-pod is full of get tunes to work out to, I have at least 8 workout videos. Oh, did I mention I have really great work out clothes I am active but can not seem to get on the work out stick. Any one have any idea's on MOTIVATION? Jozee
Neecee O.
on 3/27/07 12:15 pm - CA
get your iron and calcium levels checked. I am a non-op, but your calories seem low for working out as hard as you describe. Maybe cut back to ten minute routines of low effort walking for a while, maybe 2x daily. weight work even two minutes at a time 2x daily then build up from there. My best advice for exercise is to settle on a time of day to always leave open for exercise, and get up and do something anything for even 5 minutes at that desginated time. It should be enuf to get your blood pumping and you will end up doing more once you get going.  Getting up off the couch is the hardest part.  Once you get moving, it usually is enuf to stay moving. Don't give up, keep trying.
jozee
on 3/27/07 11:42 pm - MN
Thanks Neecee, Good advice. I will put it too use for sure, especially the Vit. & Min. check.  Thanks Jo
Nancy M.
on 3/28/07 3:02 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Perhaps it would help if you had a workout buddy for accountability. I have several workout videos that sit around and collect dust. When I am home it is more fun to get on the computer that to get on the floor and move. That's why I decided to join Curves. I have to get out of the house and go somewhere and there are other women to chat with while exercising.
Lap RNY 6-21-04
310/185/145 ?
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Live it to the fullest.
jozee
on 3/28/07 3:11 am - MN
   Thanks I have been thinking about joining a gym of some  kind. I live in such a small town that my options are limited. Curves is a choice however.  I have a home gym, maybe I need to invite someone else over to push me along? Thanks so much  for your advice. Jo
Carla W.
on 3/28/07 3:30 am - CA
RNY on 05/08/06 with
I'm confused are u working out now.. it says you r are working out at 3 months out now you are not. At about 3 months out you are getting the right amount of calories a day so thats ok. u want to try and stay at or above 600 calories a day. when you add exercise into the mix you are burning most of what you ate so that means you should augment that with more calories.. with wls that is not always doable. I'm at 10 months out and barely get 1000 in now and burn more than that at the gym each day.. so it can be done.

one thing that works for a lot of people is to eat a spoon full of peanut butter before you begin exercise. It helps you make it through the exercises without burning out. I know it sounds strange but it does work. you could also do a protein ball.. sorry dont have receipt..lol.. but can get it if you want.

You are doing fine. it sounds like a motivation problem more than anything else.. i know somedays i dont want to go either but once i get there I get pumped and just start doing it.

Lasty.. hey the clothes are important.. i have become a shopping ***** myself and bought all new stuff when I started working out. It can get tough.. I now and you are still early in the wls process. being tired is understandable as your body is adjusting to all the changes you are going through.. just keep you head up do the best you can and try and do something each day to get that exercise in. I wish I had done more back than as well.. but i just couldnt get the motivation up to do it. I wish you all the luck.. if you wanna talk or just have me kick you in the butt to work out.. you know where I am..

smile.. u are doing great.. look at what u have accomplished so far.

Most Active