Heel spurs

Miracle M.
on 3/21/07 12:44 pm - Bronx, NY

Hi,  I had the surgery on 2/8/07. I had the lapband. Now it has been six weeks and I want to start exercising and I have a treadmill. What ideas do you have to do exercises that will not hurt so much. I really want to start but heel spurs are a factor. Should I use the treadmill or should I do another exercise. Your input is greatly appreciated it. Thank you, Millie

Milagros Marrero
"Stop telling GOD how big your storm is."  Instead, tell the storm how big your GOD is! 

Neecee O.
on 3/21/07 11:08 pm - CA
Well shoot, your spurs ain't gonna like that treadmill. But see how it goes. Otherwise, I would bike.  Stationary bikes are readily available, look in the paper.  Also, water aerobics are awesome. I do mine at the community college most springs and falls.
ShawnaC
on 3/24/07 4:34 am - Houston, TX
I have a spur on both heels, but only one has given me any trouble. A couple of years ago, I was barely able to put pressure on that one heel. My doctor gave me a prescription strength anti-inflamatory that I took for about a week and haven't had any trouble since. Also, you can get a cortizone shot right in the heel and this should eleviate the pain.

Good Luck!
"It's all about moderation, not deprivation"..........Shawna
KC
on 3/28/07 6:34 am - Houston, TX
I think you will find as you start losing weight, the heel spurs won't bother you as much.  As least mine didn't.   I have spurs in both heels, one operated on and I haven't given them much thought at all since surgery.  I started walking -- outside in uneven terrain -- within a month of surgery and my feet only hurt a bit in the beginning. But if yours are still bothersome, I would think anything that didn't put pressure on your heel - rowing, swimming, bicycling - maybe even eliptical if you press down with the ball of your foot.
Karen
Most Active