AB WORK?

CELESTIALDIVA01
on 3/21/07 10:03 am - HOME OF THE WIRE!, MD
WHAT'S THE  BEST AB SOLUTION(S) AFTER WLS?  CAN WE DO A BALL? OR SHOULD WE STICK TO EXERCISES THAT TARGET THE ABS i.e. KICKBOXING, PILATES? WHEN CAN WE START WORKING THE ABS? THANKS IN ADVANCE 4 UR RESPONSES.
NEVER REGRET ANYTHING ! ... @ ONE TIME IT WAZ EXACTLY WHAT U WANTED !    
STAY POSITIVE ! , IT'LL TAKE U HIGHER!
  Treadmill       Stationary Bike  Step Aerobics  Meditate 
~Beautiful Dreamer~
on 3/22/07 10:51 pm - Pinellas County, FL
Talk to a trainer and your doctor.  Most gyms you can get free consultations.  Each body type is different, and reacts differently to certain exercise movements.  My body is one of them.  I can't feel the burn with any direct or indirect exercise in the ab area with any movement other than doing crunches on the ball.  I do 60-120+ minute workouts 3-6 times a week ranging from cardio to weight training and martial arts so I have tried a lot of things.  I find that I get more results training the entire 'package' rather then "targeting" certain areas.  For my body, I can work one area all I want and I can build up muscle there but my body doesnt seem to care about that it takes the fat from where ever it is easier to access from for it at the time.  So I could spend 2 weeks on just abs and not see much difference there but see some huge difference in my chest or thighs LOL.   Again, our bodies all react differently so you may want to get a personal consultation session to see what works for you. :)

CELESTIALDIVA01
on 3/23/07 8:37 am - HOME OF THE WIRE!, MD
Carla W.
on 3/27/07 7:51 am - CA
RNY on 05/08/06 with
I love the ball for ab work outs.. I use it all the time and have seen a major improvement in my abs since i started using it. The ball is a great tool for many of the areas we have problems with after wls so with a few weights, and a ball we can work triceps and abs. I do a lot of floor stuff as well. Machines tend you build you up instead of toning you so be careful with that. stick to the ball and you will see a better look down the road... good luck

CELESTIALDIVA01
on 3/27/07 8:00 am - HOME OF THE WIRE!, MD
THANX  !
NEVER REGRET ANYTHING ! ... @ ONE TIME IT WAZ EXACTLY WHAT U WANTED !    
STAY POSITIVE ! , IT'LL TAKE U HIGHER!
  Treadmill       Stationary Bike  Step Aerobics  Meditate 
Most Active