Newbie in training

Cassie W.
on 3/14/07 9:48 am

It's been six months since my WLS, so I thought it was time for me to come visit the exercise and fitness board since this is the place that's going to help me maintain a normal BMI for life. I joined a training group for new runners Saturday to train for the Boilermaker, a 15K run that will be held in Utica, NY, in July.  The group really is wonderful for first-time runners. We walked for five minutes, ran for 1 or 2 minutes, then it was back to walking. It's a supportive, non-competitive environment.  I feel so motivated. Each night, I'm incorporating a few more minutes of running into my 30-minute walk on the treadmill. I still have about 27 pounds to go before I reach my personal weight goal. But, I'm sure the new training routine will help assure that I get there. Just wanted to say hello! Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Earl C.
on 3/14/07 10:17 am - Circleville, OH
Hey Cassie. Good luck on the run. Earl
Neecee O.
on 3/14/07 12:20 pm - CA
You look awesome! That's the way to build up running strength - intervals.  Good for you! I am training for a 65 mile bike ride at the end of April.  Not sure if i can train enuf to finish all 65, but it will be fun trying!
Cassie W.
on 3/16/07 11:24 am
Thanks!   I imagine with long distance bike riding, a good seat is as important as a good pair of shoes for runners.  Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active