Double Chin/Turkey Neck and other questions

cr8vlady
on 3/12/07 12:57 am - Winchester, VA
Hi - I didn't realize there was a message board dedicated to exercise - this is great.  I have a few questions that maybe someone can help with. First, I am wondering if there is any type of exercise you can do to minimize the "double chin" - I have lost 100 pounds since my surgery and what used to be my double chin is looking like "turkey neck",  if you know what I mean and I can't stand it.  Is there something I can do to tighten this area and make it look more "normal"? Second question is about upper arms - what is the best exercise to do to help firm up the excess skjn there?  I know it will never go back to what it should look like, but what can I do to make it look better?  With summer coming, I want to be able to wear short sleeve shirts, but I'm embarrassed right now, so I'm not sure I will wear something that shows my upper arms. Thanks for any input you can provide - I really appreciate it.  I haven't exercised as much as I should have, and am trying to increase my activity because I hate feeling so sluggish and I hate what my body is looking like right now.  I wish I would have stuck with a workout routine from the beginning - I'm sure it would have minimized some of these feelings and I would probably look better.  Not to mention that I would feel much better. Anyway, thanks for listening and any support you can provide. --Mariette
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/07 3:11 am
Mariette, I'm with you on the upper arms. I've noticed since the weather is getting warm in Georgia that loose skin doesn't tan so well either, so it's even more noticeable. Not even with those expensive Loreal self-tanning towelettes. I've got the top part of my arms (where the bicep is) pretty firm with exercise. But then there's that stuff hanging down. I checked into brachioplasty, but it's expensive and I'm afraid of pain and complications, so I may have to just flap.
Most Active