***Favorite post-workout meal?***

Born Swimmer
on 3/9/07 12:08 pm - Sunny, FL

This is my first time to the exercise board, so hi everyone!  I was wondering what your favorite post-workout meal is?  Do you eat different things after cardio than you do after lifting weights?  I exercise at night and most of the time I skip a snack/meal after working out.  I usually come home, shower, and then go to bed.  I'm thinking about adding a small snack before hitting the shower, but wanted to see what others like!  BTW, I run and lift weights, in case that helps your suggestions! Thanks!

~AlyssaLips 2Band to Bypass (Band May 2005 --RNY July 2008)        

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

(What is Interstitial Cystitis)

Evolution of Dance :)

Meet my pouch... The Gremlin:
Go to fullsize imageImage Preview

Neecee O.
on 3/9/07 1:11 pm - CA
Hi Alyssa!!! I would say after cardio, I crave more carb-y things like pasta or rice. My walking/ab work workout is usually in the morning, so I tend toward a light meal, like oj and soy protein and psyllium (u asked LOL) After yoga, I want light, vegetarian stuff too. Yogurt or soy sausage, whole grain toast. Don't lift weights anymore, so can't say.  Overall, I can eat just about anything anytime!  Do I LOOK picky??? Truthfully, I am not real hungry right after working out. It takes a few hours.
Born Swimmer
on 3/9/07 1:33 pm - Sunny, FL
Thanks!   I have that thing where I'm not hungry post-work out... and since I do it so late at night (9-11pm), I just shower and go to bed.  I was thinking that I should eat SOMETHING... so I just thought I'd get some ideas about what people like!  Thanks for the suggestions!  I typically lean toward vegetarian type things as well.

Neecee O.
on 3/9/07 11:40 pm - CA

if I were u, I'd at least have a protein drink, or even a glass of milk. i agree - you should eat something.

Tracy B
on 3/10/07 1:11 am - Erie, PA
I try to stick with protein after a workout. Cottage cheese is one of my favorites.  You don't need anything big, but a small high protein snack would probably work well for you. I would try  to avoid high carbs, especially that late at night. Good Luck!

~*~Tracy B~*~

328/160 *** 5'9"
start/current

Born Swimmer
on 3/12/07 11:10 am - Sunny, FL
Thanks for the suggestion!  I do love cottage chesse, so maybe I can get myself to have some post-work out!

Earl C.
on 3/11/07 12:17 pm - Circleville, OH
Hey Alyssa welcome to the board. If you're not hungry don't worry about it. But a little protein would help you recover faster. Casein like in cottage cheese or protein drinks are good choices because they digest slower so stick with you until morning. Earl
Born Swimmer
on 3/12/07 11:11 am - Sunny, FL
I would like to help repair faster (especially after weights).  Thanks for the casein suggestion!  I'll try to get something in, even if it's a few ounces of a protein shake!

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/07 12:22 pm - Miramar Beach, FL
Hi Alyssa!   I sometimes have a Zoic protein drink after a workout.  It's very light and refreshing compared to a lot of protein drinks.  And, you get a good amount of protein for the amount of sugar it contains.  Here's the nutritionals:
Born Swimmer
on 3/12/07 12:43 pm - Sunny, FL
That tastes good?  Where do you buy it?

Most Active