Blood pressure and exercise

adelpha23marke
on 3/6/07 9:55 pm - Prestonsburg, KY
i have lost 78 pounds , the other day i used my exercise machine got off of it and almost fainted, i got a headache for two days and i was so dizzy i couldnt walk i went to the doctor and my BP was 144/91 would exercise make my BP go up that bad i really have not ever had this trouble before ,, what kind of exercise will i be able to do if my BP keeps me from this..any answers??

Jenn J

Neecee O.
on 3/7/07 10:17 am - CA
That level is considered borderline - not extremely dangerous. Of course, your doc gets the last word on this!  I had that level for almost 4 years before my doc gave me meds for it.  They used to not treat until BP got to 160/100, now many doctors treat borderline if it does not go down after monitoring! Please don't drink coffee or cut way back - that will aggravate BP in many people (me included). Also, exercisng in the morning will do it.  I would be worried about other causes of the dizziness - inner ear, maybe?  Let me know how this goes for you!
cgatens
on 5/7/07 12:29 am - Bricktown, NJ
Mine is 136/80 on Meds---hopefully 110 pounds down I will soon be able to leave em, On a side note, being 300+ for the last few decades, the HOT TUB was such a nice luxury. But one day, I stayed in over 10 Minutes, attempted to walk over to my chair and damn near came crashing down----did knock over a few chairs but did not black out. Just be careful, Now if I do- I am strick about 4 minutes total and I always bring some water with me Your blood Pressure can get to a scarry level if you get too overheated.
Most Active