I have pain

catarnold
on 3/2/07 11:53 am - Collinsville, IL
This may sound like a dumb question but, I have lost about 90 lbs. and my backside has decreased a great deal.  The problem I am having is I have horrible pain when I sit for extended periods of time ie in the car.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any exercises that may help either build or tighten the gluteus muscles.  I have not had an injury, but can feel the pain right in my tailbone.  Is this weird.  Hubby keeps joking that all of my padding is gone.  I think he may be right. Thanks for the help. Cathy
Cruise Director Julie
on 3/4/07 12:19 pm - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Cathy; The discomfort you're experiencing is very common. If you work out at a gym, use any of the machines that target your glutes. Do three sets of 15 reps each and you'll start seeing results in 2-3 weeks. Good luck!
Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
Nancy M.
on 3/6/07 12:10 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Yep! Hubby is right. Just carry a pillow to sit on for a while until you build some muscle tone in your gluts. It will go away.
Lap RNY 6-21-04
310/185/145 ?
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Live it to the fullest.
katie7294
on 3/8/07 12:44 am
Oh my God, I totally know what you are feeling.  I am a constant shifter in my seat if I am at the movies, in the car, or anything like that.  It drives me crazy....but what price beauty I guess.   I would never give back the 94 lbs for a little butt comfort.  I go to the gym regularly but I still have the pain.  I'm always working on my glutes...maybe one of these days the pain will calm down.  for now, shifting is the way to go!   If you discover any tricks, please let me know.
Most Active