Tuesday's workout

Earl C.
on 2/13/07 9:58 am - Circleville, OH

In the middle of a blizzard...that's dedication...or I'm just nutz. 12:30 to 1:35 pm @ power shack 15 min warmup DB incline press DB flat press DB Incline flyes 1 arm DB press 1 arm DB laterals 8 pm to 9 pm @ work gym Medium grip Lat Pulldowns Reverse Grip Barbell Rows DB Pullovers DB Shrugs Rope Pulls to face Earl

Live with passion!

Neecee O.
on 2/13/07 10:11 am - CA
NO!not nuts...go my man! Most people would curl up and eat! I s'pose you are lucky someone was at the gym to let you in! LOL.  IMHO, I think one has to be a little nuts about exercise to stay with it! Me:   morning: restorative yoga, 10 minutes, 150 crunches, 24 push ups, girlie style. after work:  80 minute DA WOMAN bike ride up a BIG hill. 
Earl C.
on 2/13/07 11:10 am - Circleville, OH
I'm not just nutz  about exercise...I'm crazy about exercise. Good job Neecee.
~Beautiful Dreamer~
on 2/13/07 6:38 pm - Pinellas County, FL
I know!  Where have I been?!  Well, working, school and the gym!  I've been also learning Japanese from my many new pen-pals from Japan via the internet.  I have been working with a personal trainer all week, and will again today and tomorrow.  Yesterday, when I got home I could feel EVERY thigh muscle I had LOL.  It was great.  I felt my triceps and biceps too! Lower back muscles were introducing themselves to me too as well as my calves. My work out was a 25 minute warm up on the treadmill and 3 sets of 12 reps on the Hip Abbductor and Hip Abductor machines prior to my personal traning session.  Normally I would have been on the ArcTriner Machine or the eliptical but I was going with my intuition that these were machines that my trainer would be using during my work out. First, before I start describing my training work out, I want to mention that my personal trainer I absolutely great!  This Friday I go into surgery to have my gallbladder removed and will be unable to return to training the following week so I wanted to get in as much training as I could before I had to go in.  She was very kind and worked with me.  Adjusting her normal schedule to fit me in an hour earlier Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday afternoon, and Thursday morning.  She did not need to do this, but she is as excited about my transformation as I am.  I can already see a positive difference in my self-esteem, energy levels, mental, emotional, and physical self! Now to my work out: 4 sets of 12 leg presses at 120 lbs 6 minutes on the eliptical   RPM Goal: 60 intially, then moved up to 70.  Resistance varied. 4 sets of 12 Bicep curles with 7.5 lb dumbells 3 minutes on the eliptical RPM Goal: 70.  Resistance varied. 4 sets of 12 squats with arm extentions 3 minutes on the eliptical RPM Goal: 70.  Resistance varied. 8 sets of 6 Balanced and Unbalanced lower back stretches 6 minutes on the ArcTrainer.  Incline and Resistance varied. 4 sets of 12 to tricep curles at 25 lbs (my right arm is weaker then my left) 3 minutes on the ArcTrainer.  Incline and Resistance varied. 3 sets of 15 on the Hip Adductor at 70 lbs. 3 sets of 15 on the Hip Abductor at 50 lbs. 6 minutes on the ArcTrainer.  Incline and Resistnce varied. Then it was done.

Earl C.
on 2/14/07 10:30 am - Circleville, OH
Good workout. Good to see you get your training in with your busy schedule. People that say they don't have time for exercise are just making excuses.
Deidre V.
on 2/13/07 8:10 pm - Havelock, NC
Great job everyone!!! I did a 3 mile walk then some strength training with weights..I do the weights with my son, he makes sure I keep my wrists straight, etc..he's a good coach for me.  Earl how was date night? hopefully good! Keep out of the snow! Neecee, you're doing awesome hon, I wish I could do some crunches, just ain't happening right now though! Dede

308 start weight on 7/18/06
258 50 pounds GONE on 9/26/06
208 next goal 100 gone (done on 3/1)
190 dr goal
150 goal weight
135 current

Earl C.
on 2/14/07 10:34 am - Circleville, OH
Hey Dede...good job. Sounds like  you have a couple of personal trainers in the family. That's good. Date night was fantastic. Every day I spend with Beth is the best day of my life. Ok enough gushy mushy...it's Valentine's Day so I'm allowed. Earl
Sharyn
on 2/13/07 8:43 pm - Columbus, OH
Hey Earl. I'm having trouble, ok - a lot of trouble getting back on the horse. I think I'm going to have to splurge on a personal trainer to get me back on track. Are you interested in the job? BTW - we HAVE to start working on the support group, we suck!!
Sharyn 307/148/145.....165 (need to focus)
Earl C.
on 2/14/07 10:47 am - Circleville, OH
 I know...we're the worse support group organizers on the face of the earth...or at least south central Ohio.  Get Darlene to kick our butts in gear. She does all that Soccer mom stuff, she should be good at this. I can help you out on a Saturday or Sunday (early I work Sunday). No charge. I'm pretty much booked during the week now with work and Beth (I'm hooked...line and sinker).  Hopefully, if the weather gets nice for more than a hour I can get my garage gym set up again at the new place.  I'm not a big believer in personal trainers anyway. I think you know how to train already.  Just commit to do it. Schedule the workouts like you do a hair appointment or your a parent/teacher conference. Earl
Sharyn
on 2/14/07 11:33 am - Columbus, OH
Well Earl......I'm happy to hear about you and Beth........Darlene and I start our pole dancing class tomorrow, so that will get me some exercise. It's not too late for Beth to join us.
Sharyn 307/148/145.....165 (need to focus)
Most Active