Newbie, help!

wormmy
on 2/8/07 4:21 am - Bloomington, IL

Ok, I'm new this specific board.  My story, I'm pre-op with a wee****il surgery and have lost like 20 pounds on my pre-op diet in only a week.  I still have a week to go!  I've gone back to gym after being away for a couple weeks but I woke up this morning and my inner thighs look like serious cottage cheese.  Ewwww!  I mean, they weren’t great before, but oh my god.  Yuck.  They look worse than ever.  Please tell me this is what happens as your body shrinks and this is the worse before it get’s better?  If being skinny means looking like this I’d rather not!  What’s your opinion?  Oh, and I'm looking for options that don't include someone telling me to just get plastic surgery after my weight loss.  It's not an option as I will never be able to afford it in my entire life.  So I'm looking for excercise options.  I'm only 26 so my skin has a little elasticity, but its so hard to tone those specific inner thigh muscles.

Neecee O.
on 2/8/07 4:55 am, edited 2/8/07 5:04 am - CA
the good news is, you're young and your skin will very likely bounce back better than you think!  I hear people say it takes about 18 months - 2 years after surgery to tell. By then, you will have forgotten the pain & expense of WLS. You will find a way, and..there are ways to have insurance pay for plastic surgery. I say, forget about it for now.  Exercise, especially walking and swimming and biking will help your skin get to where it needs to be. Plus, remember you are losing not only for looks:  this should be about  your health 80%, looks get a backseat here. Newsflash:  not many of us are 100% happy with our bodies. I had a friend who looked like playboy bunny - no kidding - and she refused to get naked with lights on!
Scott William
on 2/15/07 8:56 pm
Good job on the loss thus far.  Keep it up.  I do hope that you are kidding when you say you would rather not be skinny if that is how it looks.  Improved looks are definitely a pro of the surgery but health is the best reason for the surgery.   It may snap back a little but not definitely.  I look like a train wreck from the stomach to the upper thy but oh well, I'll take it.  Good luck. Scott
Most Active