HELP(SHOUTING)

BroDiamond
on 2/5/07 10:59 am - New Haven, CT
I need all the help I can get folks, I am trying to transfer to a new Police Department and I may have to take the Physical Fitness part again. I have a problem before WLS I weighed 435 and I have not excercised in 20 years, since 6/5/06 WLS I have dropped a total of 140lbs and I have been going to the gym but I have no clue as to what I am doing. I need help in finding a excerise program that will help me build endurance & strength, I need to be able to run a 1 & 1/2 mile in 12.5 minutes, do push ups (25-50 ) in a minute, sit up( I havent done those since 8 th grade) and be able to bench press my own weight(285lbs) . SO FOLKS I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP, I AM ALSO AT A PLATEAU AND I DONT HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT MACHINES DO WHAT.
Neecee O.
on 2/5/07 1:28 pm - CA

go check out the Body For Life site. That workout routine is the shizzy.  Also, look for his book at the library, and copy out some of the specific exercises to take to the gym with you.  If you can get on a bike, that is a way to build leg strength in a hurry for running.  To start with, do 20 minutes daily slow, and one hard hard ride a week - get out there at least 5x a week. After a while, go as hard as you can one day, then the next day, do a ride so slow that you almost fall over. Build up time where possible. If this has to be in a gym so be it. Set tension to medium at first.

Susan Larson
on 2/6/07 12:38 am - North Charleston, SC

I HIGHLY recommend getting a personal trainer.  They are expensive but worth it.  And it could only be for about a month or two.  Just get someone that is just as motivated as you are.  That way, when you are ready to throw in the towel, they make you keep going.  I have been with my trainer for about a month now and I love it!  It's really, really hard work but I know it is paying off.   Good luck, Susan

Earl C.
on 2/6/07 1:34 am - Circleville, OH
Hey BroDiamond... How long before you're tested? How much can you bench press now? Can you run or walk 1.5 miles now and if so in what time? Would it be possible to lose more weight? Earl
cgatens
on 2/6/07 4:47 am - Bricktown, NJ
Touch base with Dave on the Mens forum- Very into the exercise and always willing to give advise and council http://obesityhelp.com/member/bmibaby/

Banded on November 10 2006
60 Days Pre Op 418
Day of Surgery 370
370 / 246  / 190
Pre / Now / Goal

Most Active