what should I be doing

lindakhoury
on 2/5/07 1:07 am - Derry, NH
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and had an exercise question.  I have been going to the gym for about 5 weeks now, going between 5 & 6 times a week.  I need to lose another 50 lbs to reach my goal.  The only thing is I don't know what the hell I am doing!!!  For all I know I could be wasting my time with the exercises I've been doing.  This is what my routine has been...30 min on the treadmill, then one day I will work my upper body and the next my lower.  I use the machines at Planet fitness (no free weights)  I do have an appointment with the personal trainer next week, but I am wondering what you guys would suggest I do for a routine.  I need to lose more weight and tone.   thanks Linda PS  I have wicked flabby arms, any suggestions for that??????
Neecee O.
on 2/5/07 1:30 am - CA

Good - you are meeting with a trainer! That will help, and get you started.  I have learned to change off every so often (6-8 weeks?), so anything is always better than nothing.  There are ways to be more efficient, of course. Doing upper body weights with treadmill or bike one day, then lower body weights with treadmill or bike the next, and so on. Like  you're doing! Try a class or two, if not at your gym, check out the community collge schedule.  Free weight s open us a whole new world - my fave!!!! Yo do need some instruction on them, but once you leanr the basics, it's great. As for your arms,  try out some band routines. Your trainer will show you! Also, one thing I do is cruise used book stores for exercise books, this way you're not out too much money and can learn new stuff. The older stuff still works!

Stick around here, too! Noce to see ya.

lindakhoury
on 2/5/07 1:38 am - Derry, NH

Thanks for the quick reply...I heard that this personal trainer is into free weights so I am looking forward to that.  Funny thing is my dad is a health and excersise fanatic and at almost 80 he is in unbelivable shape.  He still works out and plays tennis everyday.  He is so fit it's sickening.  Unfortunately that never rubbed off on me. 

again thanks for the quick reply

Linda

Most Active