Surgery is Tuesday

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/07 1:25 pm - NC

Okay, my surgery is first thing Tuesday morning.

I swear I've been on this site since about 10 am this morning.

I do some housework, 5 minutes worth, till my back hurts, lay down, come back around and check the posts. I think I'm gonna stay up most of the night tonight with the intent on going to bed early tomorrow night. I have to leave the house at 4:30 am to be at the hospital by 6am.

My hospital bag has been packed and unpacked so many times over the last 15 months or so. It'll only take me a minute to do that.

I can't seem to bring myself to "leave" this website. Like it's my lifeline right now, hehe.

I can't believe this is happening FOR me now. I can't believe I'm finally going to get my life back!

There is something I haven't told my friends here. I know I mentioned the surgeon is staging these surgeries. We're only doing the VSG now, perhaps a RNY if he goes in and thinks it's safe.

Well, number one is when I had my preop appt just before he put the filter in, I asked him if he thought I would live long enough to have my final surgery. He said it was possible for me to live another 2 or 3 years like this. BUT, he said that I could go into cardiac arrest as early as next month. I'm worried I won't ever make it to the finish line. I'm not worried about WLS at all. Anyway, the possibility of having at least a year or two to lose a bunch of weight is hopeful. It was especially good to hear, since the surgeon who first started trying to help me those 15 months ago gave me 1-2 years to live.

Another interesting thing happened. I was in the preop staging area at the hospital for my filter, and there was a lady next to me who was my doctor's patient. We both overheard the nurses mentioning we had the same doc, and since we were both heavy, we looked at each other and said "Are you hear for weight loss surgery?" It was funny because we're both on our way, but I was having a filter and she, her gallbladder removed before her WLS. Then the really wierd thing happened. She said, "Are you from Smithfield?", and I said yes. And then she said "Is your name Marianne?" And I said yes, a little surprised she guessed my name.

She says "Oh god I've been praying for you! I read your story on OH and I've been wondering what happened to you!" Well, it felt really good to have a total stranger say that to me. It made me feel really hopeful that I could make it through all these surgeries. We exchanged information, and I gave her the address of this website. I hope she found her way over to this site!

Interestingly enough, I then started having chest pains since they had me laying down flat for an hour or so, and the doctor ordered an EKG, and they propped me back up and closed the curtain.

Funny, thinking back now. How did she recognize me with this grey hair? I suppose my gut made it obvious.. haha.

Ok, this rambling post is probably all that the POST NAZI's need to figure out who I am over there. I've copied my profile information. I should just go over there and delete it now.

Funny, I thought I'd be afraid I wouldn't have enough information and support with just this site. But here it is getting down to the wire, and I have no inclination to be there.

I like this website.

******************************************************* Okay this was posted somewhere else. Where are all your friends disappearing to? To find them, google wls and his name.

MikeC1977
on 1/15/07 2:47 am, edited 1/15/07 3:04 am - Arlington, VA
Marianne, I hear you!  I have been on this website all day!  It has been such a huge support to me.  I honestly don't know what I would have done without it! My surgery is tomorrow as well.  I need to arrive by 6am as well! So best of luck to you and cant' wait to see you on the losing side! :-)
Mike
Arlington, VA
"A life without struggle has no achievement."

Start | Current | Goal 
---------------------                             
 408  |   311   | 225

*7.8cc fill as of 7/23/07  
*Profile/Picture updated 6/30/07
Earl C.
on 1/15/07 9:37 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Mike, Good luck to you too. Let us know how you're doing. Earl
Earl C.