Questions

~Beautiful Dreamer~
on 1/13/07 7:53 am - Pinellas County, FL
I am going to be adding more exercise into my daily regiment as of Monday and was wondering whether or not I should increase any vitamins and protien levels?  I have asked my surgeon but the only answer I get is "do what feels right"... but I dont know what feels right! M: Work, Gym, Taekwondo T: Work, Gym, School W: Work, Gym, School R: Work, Gym, School F: Work, Gym, Taekwondo S: Gym, Taekwondo U: Rest I intend to work out at the gym for 1 to 4 hours 6 days a week.  I will be working with a personal trainer 1 day a week, however I wasnt able to find any trainers familiar with GBS patients.

Earl C.
on 1/14/07 1:43 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Good luck in your training.  Closest person on this message board to your situation is probably Neecee, so I'm sure she'll jump in here. I think a lot of people are reluctant to reply to these type of post because they require more questions than answers. In general though, extra vitamins and minerals, to a point, are good insurance. Don't overdo it though. Get your Calcium, iron, B complex and B-12. Maybe take a good multi vitamin/mineral twice a day instead of once. Protein...if you're tearing your body down with a lot of weight training try to get 1 g per pound of lean weight. If your doing a lot of cardio you might want to consider upping your carbs so you have the energy to get through all that training. Ask your personal trainer but you might have to explain about your WLS and the fact you can't eat 2 cups of vegetables and a chicken breast in one sitting. Good luck. Earl
Neecee O.
on 1/14/07 12:48 pm - CA
Hi Dreamer! Now, I am a non-op at this point, so there may be many differences between you and I right there. But I work out hard.  My daily goal is ~ 1500 calories.  I'm eating about 100-140 g of protein daily, and go for fat around 35% (+/- ) fat.  Current weight = 198. I'd like to drop about 25 more pounds. I have taken a daily vitamin for many years; i think that it is hard, maybe impossible to get all your nutrients when you are not taking in 2000 calories daily.   Plus I take an omega 3 fish oil tab, and an occasional flax seed oil tab.
Most Active