Looking for Professional opinion please

Rebecca M.
on 1/8/07 3:42 am - Hilliard, OH
I am currently working out every day at Curves (not Sunday because they are closed).  I have gotten a lot of conflicting information on whether or not this is safe to do.  According to Curves, this is fine to do as it is low impact and maintenance.  They recommend if I am feeling sore to use only the upper body machines one day and alternate with the lower body machines the next.  I have not experienced soreness so I figured I was good to go.  I checked with my nut and she said this was fine to do everyday.  However, I have received advice on the main board that this is not safe and that I should double check in this forum.  I realize that this is not enough exercise and I am going to get an exercise bike on my way home from work today too.  I can do that in the evenings.  I appreciate any direction I can get.  Thanks!

SW 318/ CW 156/Surg's GW 170/ my GW 135

Earl C.
on 1/8/07 10:00 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Rebecca,

Not sure I’m 100% on what your friends are talking about "not safe", but…

I know Curves uses hydraulic resistance which usually doesn't cause as much soreness because there’s no negative or eccentric movement. That usually causes more soreness. But for general health, especially the way Curves is set up, it's probably better to do the full Curves circuit say 3 days a week, like on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Then do your bike 3 or 4 alternate days like Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Maybe take a break on Sunday or go for a nice walk around the mall.

If you like, since you’re in town, email me and I’ll send you my number and a good time to call. Maybe I can explain it better over the phone.

Good luck

Earl

Most Active