menus

sha506
on 1/6/07 10:14 am - browns mills, NJ
i was wondering if any one is a month or less out and what kind of foods r u eating and how much  and also the calories.....please let m know!
Earl C.
on 1/7/07 10:27 am - Circleville, OH
First month or 2 is just trial and error. Everybody is different. There's some good basic information on other areas of OH. I lived on mainly protein drinks, Canned Chicken spread (I could eat a whole half a can.) and diet pudding with protein powder and some other supplements like glutamine mixed in. A little peanut butter is good right now too. It has some healthy fats and protein that will help with hair loss and finger nails going brittle. Cottage cheese is always good too, I just can't stand the stuff myself. Solid meats always sat in my pouch like a rock the first few months. Get in the protein and water.
Want2BeThin4Life
on 1/10/07 5:51 am
Had my surgery on the 7th.  IStill on purree for one more week. I eat 1/4 cup about 6 times a day.   For breakfast ill either have a protein shake to get some more protein cause i feel better, then either a scrambled egg, cottage cheese, or oatmeal.  I usually alternate.  For the afternoon i usually have to helpings of some type of meat..  chicken purree with mayo is good (hard to believe--but you can get about 4oz of chicken into a 1/4 cup purree which is like 26 grams of protein a shot),  or honey ham, tuna fish, turkey (that sits hard tho),going to try some beef tonite and see how that goes.  I always coook the meat for my family and add some beef or chicken broth in the bake pan that makes it come out real tender.  Then ill usually have a serving of beans i love most of them all-- black bean soup is delicious with some cheese (yes it looks horrid tho) , refried beans, B&E makes a sweet baked bean with under 13 grams of sugar, lentils, kidney beans, etc.  Then either some more cottage cheese at night or protein pudding or yogurt.   Most of the food ends up giving you about 5 grams of protein per 1/4 cup since its so little but with the meats you can get alot in.  Ive just been lucky so far i haven't had any problems with the type or amount of food.  They also make prosource popciles..ready made..they are 10 grams in a sweet tasting pocicle.

281/268.5/133
Past goal and my wildest dreams!
LBL and Medial Thighs 1-29-07

Earl C.
on 1/10/07 12:46 pm - Circleville, OH

Sounds like you got it under control. Good luck. Earl

Most Active