Losing To Much Because of Exercise?

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/07 9:07 am - Plymouth, MN
Hi all, I need some advice.  I am an advid road cyclist.  This past year I rode 5000 miles, that is more miles than I put on my car.  I ride becasue I love it so much and I feel so good when I do.  Now here is my  problem.  I am six months out.  I am 5'6" and 143 lbs.  I like where I am at with my weight and I do not want to lose much more.  I had my six month check-up today and in 6 months I have reached a weight they thought would take me 18 months to reach.  Despite my best efforts to stop losing (never thought I would say that!) I still keep losing.  I eat most anything I want. There is not much that makes me sick or makes me dump.  I am glad for that!  I am at a perfect BMI, feel strong and am in very good health now.  Do I have to cut back on my exercise to make the weight loss stop?  I don't want to cut back, I love riding so much.  I mentioned all this at my appointment today and they just said it will stop when it is suppose to.  Ummmmm, it's not stopping!!!  Maybe someone has experienced this?  Maybe someone further out than me?  Did you have the fear of losing too much or that you won't stop losing?  How in the world do you get it to slow down and still maintain a very high activity/exercise level? Thanks! Hugs to all! Linda
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/07 3:27 am - Plymouth, MN
Oh, thank yo!. This makes sense to me.  I will ask my sugeon and if the loss continues I am going to give it a try.
Want2BeThin4Life
on 1/10/07 5:55 am
Well first...awesome job down to 143 in 6 months!  What did you start out at?  I agree dont cut the exercise its good for you.  Im not a dr but im sure again youd just want to start adding to your calories to stop loosing.  Nuts are still high in protein but with calories and things like that.  Theres quite a few people that get too low and basically they are told to add oil and things like that.   I love exercise too. Im one month out and started doing aerobics the other week. i got in trouble for that at the drs office lol But all is well.  I wish i can say the same as you soon!

281/268.5/133
Past goal and my wildest dreams!
LBL and Medial Thighs 1-29-07

Most Active