Monday Workout

Sharyn
on 1/1/07 5:18 am - Columbus, OH
Cardio 4 minute walk @ 3.5 mph (calibrated Nike+) 4 minute jog @ 4.5 mph (calibrated Nike+) 2 minute walk @ 3.5 5 minute jog @ 4.5 5 minute walk @ 3.5 5 minute jog @ 4.5 1 minute walk @ 3.5 1 minute walk @ 3.6 1 minute walk @ 3.7 1 minute jog @ 4.5 1 minute jog @ 5.0 Abs unilateral Romanian deadlift w/10# weights - 2 sets of 8, each leg reverse crunch to modified dragon fly - 2 sets of 8 side plank for 30 seconds - sets, each side medicine ball rotation (12#) - 2 sets of 8 Pushups(real ones) - 1 set of 15, 1 set of 10 Stretched & 30 minutes in the sauna Have a good week everyone!!
Sharyn 307/148/145.....165 (need to focus)
Earl C.
on 1/1/07 7:03 am - Circleville, OH
Happy New Year. Good workout Sharyn. Kicking butt. I had to go to the office to workout today. Power Shack closed early today...slackers. 2pm to 4:30 pm  20 min warmup Squat Snatch Front Squat Front Squat Lockouts Lunges Romanian Deadlifts Calf Press Walk treadmill 30 min 3 mph level 4 Took my time, longer rest between sets. I'm doing more of a absolute strength/power training now, less bodybuilding. Lots of heavy partial movements. Have a good holiday everyone Earl
Sharyn
on 1/1/07 9:28 am - Columbus, OH
Wow Earl - 2.5 hours, you're the man!! But I do have a question. With the strength training, does that mean less bulk and more definition? For my arms I'm looking for more strength, and a LOT more definition, not more size - unless it's slight.
Earl C.
on 1/2/07 12:18 am, edited 1/2/07 12:26 am - Circleville, OH
Hey Sharyn, Size generally comes from higher reps and volume. I'm doing mainly low reps, lots of sets. Strength training doesn't usually produce the same amount of muslce size as doing more reps does. Just not enough time under tension or pump for the muscle. It does build a denser muscle look sometimes though, the kind that doesn't disappear after you stop training for awhile. It's why you will see an Olympic lifter or athlete that doesn't look that big that can lift a lot of weight, usually more than a bigger, ripped bodybuilder. Bodybuilder muscles are generally slow and bulky. Definition is mostly diet and cardio. Muscle is so hard to gain I think most women should try to train for muscle size because it's just so hard to build anyway. Once the fat is stripped away you'll see more definition because you have something under that fat to show. Good Luck Hugs Earl
Sharyn
on 1/2/07 11:32 am - Columbus, OH
ok - I'm confused - do I need to do both to get stronger and the definition?
Earl C.
on 1/2/07 12:21 am - Circleville, OH
Good Job Neecee. Wish we had some of that Ca. Weather out here. Earl
Most Active