indoor cycling class

jennfraker
on 12/30/06 9:35 pm - OH
hey everybody.. I have kicked it up a notch and am taking this Y cycling class at the YMCA where I workout.  I thought to myself...I workout 5 days a week, how hard can this be?  Well, it is a great workout and I am challenged again to step things up a notch.  I am currently taking two classes, a resist a ball class where you workout out on one of those big rubber balls...I can tell a huge difference, it is a core strengthening class and it has been great for my balance and my strength.  I do these on Tues/Thurs and am so grateful that I now have the courage to try  new things.  So if there is something you have been wanting to try...give it a try and see if it works for you. All that to say I never want to sit back and let life pass me by without trying something new.  I am ecstatic to be able to try new things and never want to stop going after my dreams. Shalom. Jennifer

335/160/160 -175  At Goal!!!

jennfraker
on 12/31/06 7:56 am - OH
Hi Neecee I so want to try kickboxing sometime...it looks like a lot of fun and a great workout.  I have also considered martial arts..do you know which one you want to try?  Classes never worked for me, ever in my entire life, but I am going with a friend and I really look forward to those two days I am not doing my regular workouts.  I needed a switchup from the treadmill, elliptical and the bike.  It works for me, so I am gonna keep at it.  I now look forward again to my regular days at the gym...I think I just needed something new to challenge myself. Good Luck with deciding what to do next.  My motto since college has been, Never venture, never gain.  Jenn

Earl C.
on 12/31/06 7:23 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Jennifer. That's what life's all about. Trying new things.  Having fun. Challenging ourselves. Love your spirit. Have a Happy New Year Earl
jennfraker
on 12/31/06 7:58 am - OH
Earl... Thanx, I thought of you yesterday when I drove out to Grove City to the Y..my Y closes early on Saturdays and I needed a good long workout.  Are you still working out at Murph's.   Have a great New Year...and loved your story about sweating cause of the cute girl...but seriously I notice I sweat more when I drink more plain old good water.  I wonder why...I am sure you know the answer to this one. Jennifer

Earl C.
on 12/31/06 9:26 am - Circleville, OH

Hi Jennifer.

I have no idea about sweating while drinking water. I know if you take caffeine or those thermogenic drinks they make you sweat more.

I used to work out at the Y there in Grove City , got a little crowded for me. I don't like to stand in line or make an appointment to use a treadmill. Pool was nice but I signed up to use the whirl pool but it was literally broken every time I went there. Murph's? How do you know about old Murph's? It's still there. Looks like he's busy. I haven't been there in a few years though. I helped move most of the equipment in. We bought stuff at the same auction and he let me use his truck if I helped load it. I just ran into one of my old power lifting team members that still works out there. Jason was our mentor, coach, cheerleader, workout partner and sadistic wardrobe attendant. He likes to pull your body hair out while help put the powerlifting equipment on. Fun guy. I'm at Power Shack over by K-Mart on

Stringtown Road
now and use the gym at work. As the weather gets warmer and I clean out the garage from the new move, I'll start working out at home more. Have a Happy New Year (I'm still working) Earl

Sharyn
on 1/1/07 1:00 am - Columbus, OH
Hey Earl Don't forget, you've promised to help me with my arms - so get that garage cleaned out!! HNY Sharyn
Most Active