Plastics - When can I start to lift again

ntredmfn
on 12/8/06 12:19 am - Flower Mound, TX
I have a panniculectomy scheduled for next Wednesday (12/13) and am curious if anyone can answer some questions for me.  I've been more nervous about this procedure than I was about the open RNY I had done.  Since my gastric bypass I have lost 250lbs and been lifting weights almost obsessively, including tons of sit-ups.  I am terrified at the thought of having to take several months off and then trying to get back into the routine again.  For those of you that have had plastics: 1)  How long was it before you could resume low impact exercise such as walking a few miles a day? 2)  How long before you could resume lifting weights again?  Sit-ups? 3)  How much definition did you lose while you were unable to work out? 4)  How much strength did you lose? 5)  Was it hard to get started lifting again? 6)  How long once you started before you were back into the swing of it again and back to your regular routine? Any information or even helpful hints about the surgery or exercise after would be beneficial.  Thanks!! Chris S.
Most Active