Attn: Jeremy..Can you over exercise??

michelle71
on 11/25/06 12:24 am - Weiser, ID
My husband says that if you exercise too much you have have the opposite affect on your body (he heard this on the show The Boiggest Loser)...instead of losing weight weight you will stand still or maybe even gain.  Is this true?   I have been exercising every day and getting my protein and vitamins in and I just can't seem to lose anything...some days I am even up by as much as 3-4 pounds.  My exercise consists of being on the treadmill for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening.  I have the treadmill set at a speed of 3.6...I tried to go a faster speed to run but I get so off balance running on it that I have to do only the fast walk.  Then I do one day of lower body on the total gym and then the next day I do upper body on the toal gym...then I alternate each day between each. I am getting a little frustrated that I am not losing any weight...if you or anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!

JeremyGentles
on 11/25/06 11:00 am - Johnson City, TN
Michelle, Every now and then I like to speak with members over the phone to address the questions they have. I would love for you to call at your convenience.  866-957-4636 Ext. 357

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

LizzyL
on 12/15/06 9:58 pm, edited 12/15/06 10:07 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
( i edited my post , because i wanted to write down what i eat during the day too , so you would see what i am eating ) Hi Jeremy, as Michelle , i am too having the SAME PROBLEM.... as her. i am getting very frustrated....   i am not losing any more weight. i want to be at my personal goal , which is 120 pounds. i am 4'11. what is the perfect weight for me to be at ? I see people my height weighing at  98 -110 pounds that right there is making me upset because i wish I can weigh that much.... but i am not. i am 136 but it doesn't stay steady at that weight , tomorrow i will probably be at 138.6 pounds. i hate it!! i weigh 136 (somedays i go up to 138.6 - or even 139.8 - THAT weight makes me sad, because it's JUST a few pounds away from 140 pounds, then i think oh it's just for pounds away from 145 pounds and so on...  i absolutely hate that  ) is it muscle weight ??  or could it be that i am holding water in my body ? it is making me sad ... i eat the right foods ( all healthy and drink my water  AND also have 2 protein shakes a day. i also drink a propel would eating and drinking protein make me gain weight ? because protein helps us build muscle and muscle weighs MORE than fat does ??   i don't know .... maybe i am NOT eating enough food during the day ? ..... i just don't know ... maybe i need more carbs ?? or MORE protein ? this is what i usually eat through the day before breakfast i have coffee 2 cups and then i have a protein shake for breakfast - multigrain english muffin (one half ) with cottage cheese and a apple or eggs and a half of muffin snack if I am hungry i have raw veggies or just an apple or celery with cottage cheese for lunch turkey or a chicken wrap or a small salad with veggies and chicken , with 1 table spoon of basamic vinger and EVOOil. snack - if i am hungry - i would have a protein shake or an apple or raw veggies for dinner -  sometimes the same as lunch. or fish i eat small portions.... i don't understand what i am doing wrong ... i lift weights about 3 times a week -  alternating body parts - reps about 12 - 14 .... 3 -4 sets at a time and also do aerobics when I don't weight lift in between - ( walk away the pounds DVD ) or Billy Blanks execrising tape.  but sometimes i give my body a rest and wait till the next 2 days to work out  ( so i can grow  ) run on the treadmil - 3.8 speed almost 4 lol :-)   thats the hightest i ran so far. i wish i can run faster but like Michelle i lose control if i run faster. i alternate the speed as I am on the treadmil - i run for 2 full minutes on higher speeds , then go back down to 3- 2.4 speed then turn the speed up again and run faster ( after few minutes ) and i also drink my water while running or execrising . i am stuck , i can't lose anymore weight. i can't get below 135 pounds. i go up and down from 136 - 140 pounds and it's driving my insane what am i doing wrong ? could you give me any advice please ? thank you in advance , it is much appreicated please help me if you can.... Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

JeremyGentles
on 12/16/06 9:45 pm - Johnson City, TN
Lizzy, I would like to extend the same invitation to you as I did Michelle. Please call me at the number below as I would love to speak with you. Please call anytime. 866-957-4636 Ext. 357

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

Most Active