Achilles heel/tendon pain

daner2
on 11/21/06 7:08 pm - Bristol, CT
Hi All,  I am an avid execiser and usually do step, kickboxing and othe various forms of cardio 8-9 hours per week. I have developed an inflamation in my Achilles tendon and wonder if anyone can suggest what to do about this other than rest.. It is only in my right foot. Thanks Sandy
peggyann B.
on 11/23/06 9:32 am - west palm bch, FL
Hi... I have plantar fasciitis. Which is a tear in the muscle that goes from the heel to the toes. It gives me terrible pain when i get up in mrning or when i am stationary than go to walk. My doctor recommended taking a can or bottle and rolling it under my foot. This keeps the muscle stretched  and does relieve the pain some what.I also have inserts in my shoes that keep the pressure off my heel and more on my ball of the foot, so it will heal. I have found that if i take a 16 ounces soda bottle and pu****er in it and freeze it. Then i roll under my feet  It helps my feet and feels good. You can also go to footsmart.com  they have shoes and inserts for all kinds of foot problems. Good luck ..Peg  PS   I know that there is nothing worse than aching feet. LOL 

Believe in the magic of your dreams.......PJB

Most Active