Having Trouble Keeping Motivated....

Adrienne S.
on 11/19/06 5:43 am - Oshawa, Canada
Hi everyone,   I had a rny in July of 2006 and to date I have lost 81 pounds.  I have been highly motivated up until recently to exercise but my work is very demanding and I find myself a lot of the time too tired to work out after sometimes working a 14 hour shift.  I wonder if anyone has any ways that I get back into the swing of things.  I have missed 4 days of working out this week and now find myself making excuses not too go.  I am scared I am falling back into my old patterns and I need someone to give me a kick in the butt so I will get started again.  Thanks.                      Adrienne

Earl C.
on 11/19/06 11:10 am - Circleville, OH
Hi Adrienne, You're doing great so far. I read your profile and see you're in corrections. Don't they have a gym available for employees? Maybe take a short workout during a break or lunch. Our guard here at the office just takes off his uniform shirt and does a quick 15 minute workout as he's doing his rounds. Good luck. I know it's hard working those long hours. I'm in retail and just starting my nightmare period. Earl Consider this a butt kicking.
Jacqueline
on 11/20/06 4:21 am - 'boro, TN
hey, WOW, what long days you work! I don't know how you do it, understandabley your not in the mood to go work out after that! Do you go to a gym? I joined the YMCA in the summer, and started out strong...but then got lazy again. But then I started to go to classes, and working out got fun again. Try kickboxing, yoga, and oh I love pilaties now!!! It's a lot more fun than the tredmill! Good luck, and your doing awesome!

*Hugs*
Jacqueline
dev082pss__.png picture by jacquithrush

cmonkey
on 11/20/06 10:10 am - Menomonie, WI

Hi Adrienne, That is a pretty name. I hope I spelled it correctly. I have lost 98lbs in 9mth. I am in a bit of a slump myself. Working out at work has been useful, I walk on my break with another employee.  I joined a gym again, but as always have not attended as much as I wanted to.  I have 30lbs to get to my goal. I though mybe I would pay myself $5.00 everytime I go to the gym and then I would by myself something nice at the end of one year. Like plastic surgery on my left over skin!! Ha. Ha. Please post if you find something useful to get over your slump; I am really interested how people stay motivated. Hang in there you are doing awesome!! Amy

Adrienne S.
on 11/21/06 12:02 am - Oshawa, Canada
Hi everyone,   Thanks so much for posting and for your words of encouragement.  I do have a gym at work and try to use it on every shift and I also have a membership at a gym outside of work.  I try to use both as much as possible but I am so tired sometimes that I just don't get there.  If it's a nice evening I also jog in my neighborhood.  I am trying to get back into the swing of things I want to have lost 100 pounds by January that is my short term goal and I don't think it is unreasonable.  I have lost 81.5 pounds so far so i have 18.5 to go.  Wish me luck and good luck to all of you.                       Hugs Adrienne. P.S Amy you did spell my name correctly and thank you for the compliment on it.

A_brand_new_me
on 11/24/06 8:44 am - NC
I am right there with you Adrienne! I am a nurse and we do 12 hour shifts, that are actually 13+ hours. Fortunately, I only do 3 a week and I don't feel bad about not exercising on those days. However, the other 4, I have no excuse for but laziness. I was doing so well for a while, 25 minutes a day 4 days a week, but I had my gallbladder removed and had to stop for 10 days and that quickly got out of the habit. I need to get remotovated and recommited, just like you. Best of luck to you. 

Susan- Wife to J, Mom to A (2002) &  B (2008) & Expecting Baby C- 1/31/10 and RN to babies
Lap RNY - 3/23/06
5' 3 3/4"
Highest- 242/ Surgery- 231/ Pre- Preggo- 137/ Currently- 151

Most Active